Operation Storm II - Pt IV - Wales - Sept 6th-8th 2013

Get on yer bike and lets rumble!!

Moderators: AMCQ46, geodude

geodude

Re: Operation Storm II - Pt IV - Wales - Sept 6th-8th 2013

Post by geodude »

Miztaziggy wrote:
geodude wrote:
Looking forward to seeing any video footage.
Will get some of it put on Youtube tomorrow I hope. Ended up filling a full 32gb card with footage from the Saturday ride :D
:clap: :clap: :clap:
“Only by constantly developing your insight and knowledge can you fulfil your responsibility to ride safely and effectively”
“He who rides fastest, rides alone!"
YouTube Website Facebook Bike accessories
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

geodude wrote:.

What was it like along the Elan Valley? The best ever ride I've had along there was with Al chasing me when I had the beemer
It was damp in places and dusk coming in, so Not sure Kev and Flatty were as happy with it,, but I still enjoyed it.... And I was thinking of that year when i was following you as I rode... I recon with the flat bars the storm dominates roads like that :D
AMcQ
Shauned71

Post by Shauned71 »

Hey all. Haven't stopped since weekend, met with a mate on way home Sunday at the burger van near Brecon (one of our Saturday stops) for late breakfast and then it was home to catch up with chores/housework and back to the old routine of work today.

Must say, what a great weekend. Was nice to finally meet up with folk and very much enjoyed the ride out on Saturday. The way work is I can never plan too far ahead but will certainly look forward to future meets, ride outs and weekends away that I can make :D
cheekykev

Post by cheekykev »

AMCQ46 wrote:
geodude wrote:.

What was it like along the Elan Valley? The best ever ride I've had along there was with Al chasing me when I had the beemer
It was damp in places and dusk coming in, so Not sure Kev and Flatty were as happy with it,, but I still enjoyed it.... And I was thinking of that year when i was following you as I rode... I recon with the flat bars the storm dominates roads like that :D
Me and cheekyads were quite happy with it :D wet riding doesn't really bother me, it just means you've got to be smoother, I was just a bit bothered that I wouldn't have enough in my tank to get back, I went on reserve just after half way round that's why I eased off the gas, when it came to it I neadn't have bothered, I'd forgot FireBlades do a lot more on a tank than FireStorms :thumbup:

Anyway, thanks everyone for making cheekyads and cheekysue feel welcome and part of it all, we had a great time :D :D :D
Like what you do
Do what you like
He who wonders isn't always lost
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

cheekykev wrote: Anyway, thanks everyone for making cheekyads and cheekysue feel welcome and part of it all, we had a great time :D :D :D

No worries Kev, Sue blackmailed us with chocolate, haribos and free beer :D, she knows how men work :lol: should be us thanking her for making us feel welcome :thumbup:

And it all helps add to the feeling of the "Storm Family" when we meet up............mind you, its getting to the point that its less disfucntional than my normal family :?

see you all next time
AMcQ
Darknomad

Post by Darknomad »

i got to thanks cheekyads and sue for making me feel at home. seeing the youngun all grown up was interesting
and sue made me a couple of cups of tea. and u guys made great bacon butties :D
hope to see you all again within a year
east london/essex [leyton ]
grumpyfrog

Post by grumpyfrog »

Thats me just in the door. I'm knackered, far too windy for my liking on the way up the road, but at least it was dry.
A fantastic weekend had, thanks to all the chaps, chappesses and young ones for making it a belter.
thanks flatty for providing the VTR tent, bed, heating and all the home comforts. :thumbup:
Not sure if a curry on the Sat night was a great idea with Ady's ageing wind issues. :sick:

Great to put faces to names, and glad to see that everyones sick minds are not restricted to the forum pages only. You know who you all are.
Don't hassle me
I'll get there at some time
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

grumpyfrog wrote:Thats me just in the door. I'm knackered, far too windy for my liking on the way up the road, but at least it was dry..

Bloody hell, I knew the Black ones were slow but its taken you 2 days :lol:
AMcQ
Jamoi

Post by Jamoi »

Just what I was thinking!! :D you must be shattered! :)
Jamie :wave:
grumpyfrog

Post by grumpyfrog »

the black one was parked up Monday during the day, got spun around at night before hitting the trail mid morning. (had things to do this morning :erection: )
Don't hassle me
I'll get there at some time