Never had a bike more than 18 months, but ......

General Bike chat
T8ull

Never had a bike more than 18 months, but ......

Post by T8ull »

Think my Firestorm is going to break that. I remember looking at one in 2001 new for £7495 in motorcycles city. Orange, they had a batch of imports with kmh on the speedo. Didn't think I was up to it. So eleven years later I get one on a 2001 plate. Total beaut.
.........So far, so good, so what!
StormingHonda

Re: Never had a bike more than 18 months, but ......

Post by StormingHonda »

In the past I have not kept many bikes past 9 months and most have gone within 6 months, the longest I have kept a bike is 3 years, which is the Harley, I also kept a CBR600 for 2 years but sold it because of the midlife crisis reborn biker craze which smashed my insurance up to twice the premium and beleive me £700 was a lot of money then for insurance.

These days I am content to keeps bikes for a long duration, I dont plan to sell the storm as its all sorted how I want it and I love the Harley, if I got another bike it would join the other two.
cheekykev

Post by cheekykev »

I got my first Firestorm in 1999 sold it in 2005 to buy another one which I still have to this day, love it :thumbup:
Like what you do
Do what you like
He who wonders isn't always lost
BigVeeGrin

Post by BigVeeGrin »

got mine to get me back on bikes,only going to keep it for a year max, 3.5 years later still loving it. Next bike will be joining it, not replacing :D
seb421

Post by seb421 »

BigVeeGrin wrote:got mine to get me back on bikes,only going to keep it for a year max, 3.5 years later still loving it. Next bike will be joining it, not replacing :D
Got mine as a first bike when I passed, never planned on keeping it then it got stolen and smashed then I built it back up and spent money and loved it

I keep toying with the idea of trading it in for a Blade but I think if get bored with the blade after a bit, I like my dads RR3 its mint like but I Allways look forward to getting back on the storm so that tells me either stick with this or get an SP2 or a Duke, if I get an SP1 I will Allways be wishing I had the SP2 I think so wont go down that road.

Tried lots of bikes and different engine configs but never had a go on a triple, would like to try a triple and that cross plane big bang yamayh R1 they introduced few year back when I spies was the SBK boy to beat

Sent from the Bat Cave via Cup and String
ヨシムラ

MOT - 10/04/2015
TAX - 30/11/14
INSURANCE - MCE - Expires 12/04/2015 (Midnight)
ACCIDENT CALL - 0871 2227910
RAC - 0800 1977830 - 03_MCECAB90013033

Post by Image »

Keeping mine for a long time yet. I love the handling. If I ever get a new bike it'll be a Ducati but as yet I don't have the money or the inclination. I'm in no rush. Lovin the Storm :thumbup: