Been away for a couple of years and

General Biker Banter
LotusSevenMan

Post by LotusSevenMan »

see people are still bitchin' over the fastest colour Firestorms. Well it was yellow but even these were not as fast as the red '916' I've just sold.............so there!!!!!! :D
"Only ride as fast as your guardian angel can fly" !!!
MacV2

Re: Been away for a couple of years and

Post by MacV2 »

LotusSevenMan wrote:see people are still bitchin' over the fastest colour Firestorms. Well it was yellow but even these were not as fast as the red '916' I've just sold.............so there!!!!!! :D
Welcome back LSM... it has been a while,so if the 916 is gone, what's between your legs now...? You still Stormin on the Yellow one ?

I'm afraid that your Aldi specials post's have been out done by BSM's long running e-bay bargains post.

Mac
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
seb421

Post by seb421 »

You back on a storm now then?
ヨシムラ

MOT - 10/04/2015
TAX - 30/11/14
INSURANCE - MCE - Expires 12/04/2015 (Midnight)
ACCIDENT CALL - 0871 2227910
RAC - 0800 1977830 - 03_MCECAB90013033
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Welcome back LSM, if you sold the Ducati, what are the next bike plans?...come on spill the beans?

Is it going to be a Harley now :lol:
AMcQ
simo

Post by simo »

Two year's.?? Time fly's. Especially on a Yellow storm :biggrin
Theres A Hare in The Turnips.
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

AMCQ46 wrote:Welcome back LSM, if you sold the Ducati, what are the next bike plans?...come on spill the beans?

Is it going to be a Harley now :lol:
I know it's normally reserved for you Al, but might I suggest this as the next LSM mobile? -

:beer:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
LotusSevenMan

Post by LotusSevenMan »

Well the '916' really wasn't getting used as a wrist issue (Oy, not 'cos of that) meant too much pressure on them what with me being 6'2" tall and the Duke sized liked a Mini Moto!
I did get out and about a bit but after I moved house found the local bikers, well, cliquey I think is the term. I do love the bike (still in garage for a few more days boo hoo) but more to look at now; sad eh?

I'll get it on record now that I just LOVE the film "Quadrophenia". So, a Jimmy replica Lambretta Li150 had to be done sometime in my life. To cut lots of grief/issues etc out of this equation; it's now basically there. A 49 year old scooter in full, as close as I can ever get, Jimmy replica status!!!!
There. Done it. I've 'come out'.

I've gone from this:-

To this

No, the last two pix ain't me (about 35 years too old, grey and 5 stone heavier than 'Jimmy' :( )
I can't say I don't miss the VTR, ''cos every now and then I feel I'd like to ride her again. Not just any VTR, but 'my' modified VTR that suited me once I'd sorted it all. I do though prefer the scooterists in my area as, weather permitting, we go out every Wednesday night (about 8 of us) and do about 50 - 60 miles etc (remember, it takes longer!!). If we go to Cosham, Portsmouth there are usually 150 - 200 scooter there at the inevitable McDonalds. Now that is something going out on a run like that. I find bikers tend to do a bit of riding as a small group then stop and talk. Scooterists do the same but in huge groups!!!
Cheap tax as in vintage vehicle so free. Cheap insurance. Appreciating asset too. That lammie is now valued around 8 grand (yeah, really!!!).
So, I've gone to the 'Dark Side'. Still two wheels and I still love the bikes. Have a Royal Enfield 500 Bullet still so that'll be used again hopefully. I have another Lammie (1962 Li125) and a more modern Vespa (2001 PX200EFL) so still a bit of a fleet.
Stay lucky guys and gals
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Bloody hell mate, makes my prediction in my previous post pretty damn accurate!! :lol:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
scott02464

Post by scott02464 »

Wow lotus man, love the Duke! If you need someone to look after it just while your wrist gets better I would be more than happy to help a fellow biker lol!

would swap my storm any day for a 916 (dream bike from being a kid)
LotusSevenMan

Post by LotusSevenMan »

Yeah Kev L. That did make me laugh as in your 'prediction'. Even funnier is, I work for a heathcare company and we do sell these mobility scooters too.

Just too late Scott. Sold it on Saturday and chap coming to collect it this Saturday!!!
Looks even better now (and sounds it too) with the carbon cans, exhaust and heel guards etc

Now I like "Ducati Clatter" as in open clutches, but not everyone agrees with me LOL

Last edited by LotusSevenMan on Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

I just watched Quadrophenia again a few nights ago with my 16yr old daughter............still a good film after all those years, it never made me want to own a scooter, but I remember Lesley Ash and the knee trembler :D
AMcQ
scott02464

Post by scott02464 »

LotusSevenMan wrote:
Just too late Scott. Sold it on Saturday and chap coming to collect it this Saturday!!!
Looks even better now (and sounds it too) with the carbon cans, exhaust and heel guards etc

Now I like "Ducati Clatter" as in open clutches, but not everyone agrees with me LOL
Oh no! Hope you got what you wanted for it mate!

Yeah at first I didn't get the dry clutch rattle (new what it was obviously) but it didn't take long to fall in love with it ha!