rossi back to yamaha on a 2 yr contract

Post by agentpineapple »

this should be fun...... :D
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
seb421

Re: rossi back to yamaha on a 2 yr contract

Post by seb421 »

bigspanishmarty wrote:this should be fun...... :D
MCN also said in 2015 they (yamaha) want him in wsbk on the new R1 which will be released that year.

Sent from the Bat Cave via Cup and String
ヨシムラ

MOT - 10/04/2015
TAX - 30/11/14
INSURANCE - MCE - Expires 12/04/2015 (Midnight)
ACCIDENT CALL - 0871 2227910
RAC - 0800 1977830 - 03_MCECAB90013033
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Repeat after me........don't believe anything you read in MCN!.........it's not even any good for absorbing oil!
AMcQ
Flatline

Post by Flatline »

AMCQ46 wrote:Repeat after me........don't believe anything you read in MCN!.........it's not even any good for absorbing oil!
:lol: :lol: :lol:
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Nearly right, it should read "Rossi's bought a Yamaha R1 on two year interest-free credit in the hope of getting another podium next year".
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

tony.mon wrote:Nearly right, it should read "Rossi's bought a Yamaha R1 on two year interest-free credit in the hope of getting another podium next year".
:lol:

Will be fun watching him duel with Lorenzo, but dont know about the WSB roumor.

And I think Cal is mad to go from Tech3 to Ducati, it may be a works ride, but he beats it every week on his satellite bike...hope it's not just for the money :(
AMcQ
seb421

Post by seb421 »

AMCQ46 wrote:
tony.mon wrote:Nearly right, it should read "Rossi's bought a Yamaha R1 on two year interest-free credit in the hope of getting another podium next year".
:lol:

Will be fun watching him duel with Lorenzo, but dont know about the WSB roumor.

And I think Cal is mad to go from Tech3 to Ducati, it may be a works ride, but he beats it every week on his satellite bike...hope it's not just for the money :(
i think its more pride than money but i wouldn't leave tech 3, it's supposed to be very nearly factory M1 spec as is

i like Cal and i know he likes to think of him self as a hard throw your balls at the wall rider which is what the duke needs to get the most out of it, but he's no Casey Stoner and i think the move to ducati will ruin him before he's even got fully going in moto gp
ヨシムラ

MOT - 10/04/2015
TAX - 30/11/14
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

seb421 wrote:
i like Cal and i know he likes to think of him self as a hard throw your balls at the wall rider which is what the duke needs to get the most out of it, but he's no Casey Stoner and i think the move to ducati will ruin him before he's even got fully going in moto gp
Your quite right, he is no Casey Stoner, he has more personality in his little finger than Stoner & he doesn't winge like him either.... :lol:
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

I am no supporter of the personality of Stoner but give him his due he can ride the balls off of any motorcycle you give him. He will crash and he will moan, but he will win. I would rather see 20 Rossi's or Simoncelli's in Moto GP than 1 Stoner, but the wee bastid can ride a bike.
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

It's a shame Rossi and Ducati could not make it happen, especially after all the hard work that has gone into it over his time with them.
I don't blame Rossi for switching to Yamaha, as he's most likely had enough of not being able to run at the pointy end. I do wonder what exactly the problems is with the Ducati all the same.

As for Cal going with Ducati, he must have had sometime trying out the bike, in which case himself and Ducati must think he can be competitive on the beast. Time will tell :eh:

Chris.
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Scott Reading is in the frame for the Duke as well. There have been some very good riders associated with the Ducati, but only the number 27 has ever made it work. Just goes to show the difference between Moto GP tech and WSB.
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
pariah

Post by pariah »

ha again the monkey boy bails out when the going gets tough. All the talk about making the ducati a bike any one can win on. Yeah , what happened then. Where was burges and the crew to make this work, struggling in the back ground.

:thumbup: Only one chap can tame that beast . Stoner.
boz

Post by boz »

Will be good to see Rossi back in the mix again. If the Yamaha deal is for real would he then be down the teams pecking order and how would he respond to it
CBR900rr Fireblade
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

He's signed as Lorenzo's second, but I don't reckon he will be on lesser machineary or recieve less attention from the factory, he is too big a name for that.
Ben Spies has had real problems with machine reliability over the last couple of races with the swingarm collapse at Laguna and the engine blow up at Indie, makes you wonder if he is having to run 99's cast off's!!
seb421

Post by seb421 »

Makes me wonder if there is a saboteur in the garage Kev

Moment he announces he's not happy with Yamaha and his intentions to leave he has two major back to back manufacturing problems :shifty:

Did you see the last race coverage Boz? there was a big special on the Rossi deal, MCN have been banging on about it for a while too

Cant wait to see what Marc Marquez does next year on the Repsol :) he's one determined young guy who will make a hard pass and push others to the limit, i don't agree with Repsol getting MotoGP to bend and adjust the rules so the could get Marquez on the squad but the bike did need someone special next year with no stoner or it would just be a Lorenzo championship with the odd race won by Pedrosa when he's on a good day with his perfect set up.

I truly hope Rossi still has some magic left in the bag the Championship needs it, hopefully he might bring a big main sponsor back to Yamaha too

Do enjoy bike banter, I don't have any mates that watch moto gp, i try to get them to watch it but they wont, only one i can bounce banter off with is the drug abuser at work and its best to leave him alone lol
ヨシムラ

MOT - 10/04/2015
TAX - 30/11/14