Road Racing

Any racing related stuff
Kev L

Road Racing

Post by Kev L »

Just finishing off reading "That near death thing" a book featuring Connor Cummins, Michael & William Dunlop, John McGuiness, Guy Martin and Milky Quale, along with references to a whole host of other riders, some of whom got to retire, some had retirement forced upon them and some who will forever be part of the roads.
The hardships of the journeyman racers and the enjoyment I have had from watching these guys risking everything just to compete, with little hope of receiving any tinware, got me thinking about helping out in some way.
One of the racers featured started something called the 98 club. He sought sponsorship of £98 from people to help him with costs to make racing an option.
Would it be cool if a group of us all chip in a sum of money, to be agreed between us, and nominate a worthy recipient who would then display VTR1000.Org on their race bike?
Would anyone be interested in this? Don't know if it's a go'er or not but thought I would throw it in the hat as a way of giving something back.
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
popkat

Re: Road Racing

Post by popkat »

Nice idea :thumbup:

In leiu of the fact there's not a competative class for a firestorm to race in i'd gladly be a recipient :wave: of course i'd put my share in too :lol:

Do you think vtr1000.org would look good on a Yam XJ600 :eh:
http://www.bidefordmotorcycles.co.uk
2014 CRMC Post classic Superbike champion.
2014 CRMC Post classic senior production champion. On a Suzuki Katana 1100
My bikes, Firestorm, Suzuki GSX-s1000 Katana, VFR800Fi. Projects, 1986 popup Katana, 3 XJ600’s
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

I know we won't be on the side of a Storm but just thought it might be nice to offer some help to someone trying to succeed racing on the roads.
:thumbup:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
seb421

Post by seb421 »

I'm up for this, must be some one buzzing around on an SP1 / SP2

:thumbup:
ヨシムラ

MOT - 10/04/2015
TAX - 30/11/14
INSURANCE - MCE - Expires 12/04/2015 (Midnight)
ACCIDENT CALL - 0871 2227910
RAC - 0800 1977830 - 03_MCECAB90013033
BigVeeGrin

Post by BigVeeGrin »

Nice idea - broke as wombles, but these guys like you say risk all for very little for our enjoyment. Give us a point of interest and reason to meet at meets :D