General Bike chat
dave09

wow

Post by dave09 »

im worried when i die my wife will sell my bike for what i said i payed for it
VTRDark

Re: wow

Post by VTRDark »

You missed it in the Ebay thread then http://www.vtr1000.org/phpBB3/viewtopic ... 35#p222125 :lol:

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
vtrjames

Post by vtrjames »

i just wondered , i have seen a few vtrs done with one radiator fitted at the front, is this efficient enough cooling for them?
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

At a guess I would have thought it would be more efficient as it will get more direct airflow. The fan would still kick in when the temperature reaches a certain level. The reason for the two rads is probably because they are side mounted and don't get that much airflow. The only problem with a front mounted rad is that it is more prone to damage from stones and stuff, so a good rad guard/cover would be a good idea.

I personally like the side mounted rads except on a naked Storm. I think on the naked bikes the front rad improves the look substantially and the side mounted ones make it look unfinished and if something is missing, like a fairing. :roll:

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

In my opinion that one looks a bit small even though it is front mounted, I would be a bit worrried about it overheating..........looks like it is selected for looks first and function 2nd [like most of the bike....., no lights, the number plate mount & single disc!!].

I love they look they have got, but I wouldnt want to use it much
AMcQ