what screen?

General Bike chat
hugeduck

what screen?

Post by hugeduck »

after having that run in with a pigeon i'm in need of a new screen, wanting a black one.

do double bubbles make much difference??

so looking on ebay at them and they range for 19 quid to 70, any got one of the cheapy ones?

or even better anyone got a second hand one in good condition going cheap?

any help much apreciated :thumbup:

cheers
Benno_0214

Re: what screen?

Post by Benno_0214 »

I've got a airblade one, good quality, cost me about £40 on eBay new, I've always had double bubble screens on my bikes, I just think they look better. :biggrin This is the one I have on eBay : item 190631173120
Ben
Did you just high five me in the face?!?
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
hugeduck

Post by hugeduck »

lol i'd need it in metal to deflect that fuking pigeon, the thing was on a mission through my face/bike. not to keen on the old flip ones :thumbdown:
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

i've had about 6 or 7 screens so far, the origjnal one is ok but offers very little wind protection, double bubbles are good, i've had the cheap ones, some of them don't fit so well and are liable to crack/split, i've had clear and dark, personally i prefer the darker shades, i've even had an iridium one which i liked but decided it didn't suit the colour of my bike, i now have a good quality flip up screen it cost £50, i find it the best at wind deflection, not sure how it would stand upto pigeons tho :lol:
i have a cheap clear double bubble screen for sale actually, brand new, i got in a job lot of parts.
heres some of the better screen makers
fabbri
powerbronze
puig
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
chric

Post by chric »

power bronze are good i had one on for ages now keep it as a spare as i cracked little bit of near mirror and need to clue it but its still useable as you cant see it anywy once on.
dont get them 19 quid jobs of ebay there sh1t :thumbup:
Ill never be a sell out storm forever
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

And don't forget the MRA screens they always get good reviews http://www.mra.de/en/

:thumbup:

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

cheap screens = false economy.

here's another example of false economy

same thing really.

get yourself a fabbri screen. the best quality and fit. and add to your top end speed. :thumbup:
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
hugeduck

Post by hugeduck »

benny hedges wrote:cheap screens = false economy.

here's another example of false economy

same thing really.

get yourself a fabbri screen. the best quality and fit. and add to your top end speed. :thumbup:
70 quid for a piece of plastic is fooking mental in my book! could uprate my callipers for that money 8O
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

You pay for what you get in this world. Unfortunately good quality screens are not cheap. If you buy a cheap cheerful screen not only may it not fit snugly and may have the odd gap around you sidelight or something, you may also only be able to hit one pigeon with it. A more expensive one will fit perfectly and you may be able to hit a few more pigeons.

benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

hugeduck wrote: 70 quid for a piece of plastic is fooking mental in my book! could uprate my callipers for that money 8O
firestorm with airblade db - topped out at 145 gps
same bike with fabbri db, 162mph = no brainer tbh

the fabbri is more like a triple bubble - but also is very thick rigid moulding, fits perfectly and looks good.
unlike the flimsy ill fitting airblade which will probably crack while youre fitting it, and will burn your clocks if you park in sunlight. :Ball Kick:
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
leevtr

Post by leevtr »

cybercarl wrote:You pay for what you get in this world. Unfortunately good quality screens are not cheap. If you buy a cheap cheerful screen not only may it not fit snugly and may have the odd gap around you sidelight or something, you may also only be able to hit one pigeon with it. A more expensive one will fit perfectly and you may be able to hit a few more pigeons.

Shame lots of people wont pay the right dough for a decent storm though !!

Puig, Fabbri,MRA....the way to go !!
" It was 2 minutes 5 minutes ago "
Rob

Post by Rob »

cybercarl wrote:You pay for what you get in this world. Unfortunately good quality screens are not cheap. If you buy a cheap cheerful screen not only may it not fit snugly and may have the odd gap around you sidelight or something, you may also only be able to hit one pigeon with it. A more expensive one will fit perfectly and you may be able to hit a few more pigeons.

My Powerbronze double bubble was killed by 1 pigeon. It also killed the pigeon... :lol:
'02 VTR1000-FY Yellow.
'12 Moto Guzzi Griso 8V SE Tenni.
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

My Powerbronze double bubble was killed by 1 pigeon. It also killed the pigeon..
How did you manage that on a Yellow storm. :lol:

When I eventually get around to buying a new screen I'm going to go for an MRA. After seeing that one Chric got on the bay, I have taken a liking to them.

chric

Post by chric »

MRA STANDARD SCREEN

Very well made even have stoppers so the trim dont fall off

Pyramid well made still good but not as much as the MRA

l
Ill never be a sell out storm forever