Front Fork stanchions

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
Bob C

Front Fork stanchions

Post by Bob C »

Just doing some winter maintenance on my 2004 model and imagine my surprise after removing my forks to have the bottom sliders put in for powder coating and replace the oil and seals to find that one of my upper stanchions is bloody bent. The question is, would replacing the bent one only be ok or would it be advisable to replace both. The right hand one is straight and in good order. Also any one got any tips on the best and cheapest place to order a new one from.
:thumbdown: :( :evil:
Cheers
Bob
Spiderman32

Re: Front Fork stanchions

Post by Spiderman32 »

change both thaat way you won't be doing the other one in the near future.

i replace mine with abe ones which were about £80 each but made a huge difference :thumbup:
nora2004

Re: Front Fork stanchions

Post by nora2004 »

I had a bent one a while back, I only decided to change the one, a year and many trackdays later there spot on, infact just had them off to rebuild and there both 100% straight!

If you do go for a new one, which I would as straightening is a bad idea, get them from wemoto, £10 more expensive than ABE but a millions time better quality, wouldnt touch ABE with a barge pole again!