exhaust clamps

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
agentpineapple

exhaust clamps

Post by agentpineapple »

just a quicky
the 2 clamps where the linkpipes attach to the downpipes are very corroded, i can't even get a socket on them, what would be the best option.....cut them off, or is there another way???
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Wicky

Re: exhaust clamps

Post by Wicky »

Try a hacksaw if you've got room to get at the bolt shafts or an angle grinder if you carefully thin em so before they completely going through and damaging the link pipe

Then get some Mikalor W4 marine grade fully stainless replacements
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
simo

Post by simo »

If you get to the shank , cut through there. The head end will come away then once off some heat on the fixed nut and grips on the rest of the shank it might come out. Run a Tap through before putting together with a Stainless steel bolt. Good luck.
Theres A Hare in The Turnips.
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

cheers gents, the ones i'm cutting off are the mikalor W2, so not marine grade i guess.... :eh:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

W2 has a stainless clamp but a relatively weak zinc plated bolt and thread lock. Splash out on W4s.

http://www.namikalor.com/highW4.html
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Wicky wrote:W2 has a stainless clamp but a relatively weak zinc plated bolt and thread lock. Splash out on W4s.

http://www.namikalor.com/highW4.html
Or buy 2's and fit a SS bolt and nut before installing.
Might be cheaper.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
Duffy1964

Post by Duffy1964 »

Or just leave them alone and sell me your High levels :lol: :lol: :lol:
Duffy1964
Yellow 1997 Storm R.I.P. Orange 2000 Streetfighter (Rufus), Red & Silver 1968 Triumph Trophy 650, Blue 2003 Storm Project, Red 2007 Montesa Cota Trials 250 & 1959 BSA D7 175cc Bantam Trials Project
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

Duffy1964 wrote:Or just leave them alone and sell me your High levels :lol: :lol: :lol:
hahahaha you've had enough tasty parts off me already mr duffy... :wink:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
rollingthunderx2

Post by rollingthunderx2 »

The clamp here ...same as above post.....http://www.namikalor.com/highW4.html IS fully stainless,
it says, stainless bolt and nut..fully stainless.... :roll:
mattster

Post by mattster »

Can anyone quickly confirm the correct sizes of exhaust clamps for me?

I'm in need of all 3 - both the link pipes and 1 for the wee pipe at the rear head.

Cheers!
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

As there can be differences in the size of clamp depending on wether you have OEM pipes or aftermarket pipes to connect to the header, the best way is to measure the circumference where you want clamped, bung the measurement here http://www.onlineconversion.com/circlesolve.htm to find the baseline diameter clamps you need.

agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

mattster wrote:Can anyone quickly confirm the correct sizes of exhaust clamps for me?

I'm in need of all 3 - both the link pipes and 1 for the wee pipe at the rear head.

Cheers!

using standard downpipes/headers and scorpian linkpipes, you need 51/55mm where the end cans meet the linkpipes, but its smaller where the linkpipes meet the downpipes/headers...43/47mm
i hope this helps fella :thumbup:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
mattster

Post by mattster »

bigspanishmarty wrote:
mattster wrote:Can anyone quickly confirm the correct sizes of exhaust clamps for me?

Cheers!

using standard downpipes/headers and scorpian linkpipes, you need 51/55mm where the end cans meet the linkpipes, but its smaller where the linkpipes meet the downpipes/headers...43/47mm
i hope this helps fella :thumbup:
Top man! :thumbup: Wicky's link would have worked, but given that I'm currently 200 miles away from my bike it's not an option!

Cheers
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Hold fire until the weekend- I've just today received three W4 47-51's, and if I need a different size I'll have one or two spare.

They're made in Spain, though, maybe you can get them locally for less?
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

see if tony has any leftover, i use these guys, very fast delivery and a decent price, i think d.s wants £17 for one clamp iirc..... :eek2
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/250912073217? ... 1497.l2649
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!