unappreciated at work.

General Biker Banter
StormingHonda

unappreciated at work.

Post by StormingHonda »

I have worked at my firm now for nearly 20 years.

I consistantly build my qouta, I do more than what I am supposed to, I start the line up when it breaks down when the group leader isn't there and assist him with break downs when he needs me ( this is not my job ) . I do what I am asked without a whim, however I will stick up for myself when I know I am in the right, I always turn up for work on time, and I am hardly ever sick, the last time I was sick was in 2010 for two night shifts. When I get put in a different section or department, I don't refuse to do job or mess about I get the job done.

The other week I was late 30 mins,first time I have been late in 8 years, my fault I over slept, and the f*****S docked me 30 mins pay, and said they were going to send someone to my house to make sure I was ok ( yeah riiiiiiight ).

Hows that for a slap in the face
Fireman on a Storm

Re: unappreciated at work.

Post by Fireman on a Storm »

I'd tell them that if they stop 30 mins pay that you'll add up all the extra time/work you do for them and bill them for it!
Write down every extra 5 mins you do, every tea break you work through, every short dinner break you have and put it on you overtime sheet!
seb421

Post by seb421 »

Thats a wombles shitter mate! what a Hippo

Only thing i can praise my boss on that is that he's fair, i have hardly ever been sick from work so if i am they know i'm not taking the piss and if i turn up late they don't ask questions etc as its only happened once or twice in nearly 4 years

On the other hand he's sh1t at getting us the PPE we require, boots don't last too long no do gloves & pant's its like pulling teeth trying to get them from UPS its not the boss its the department he deals with, the union advises us to stop work until its resolved lol
ヨシムラ

MOT - 10/04/2015
TAX - 30/11/14
INSURANCE - MCE - Expires 12/04/2015 (Midnight)
ACCIDENT CALL - 0871 2227910
RAC - 0800 1977830 - 03_MCECAB90013033
playerone

Post by playerone »

I'd go in on Monday and inform the group leader of my intentions right from the start, no more helping out when things go wrong as it's not my job, if line breaks down it will stay that way until some responsible comes along to restart it, I'll be taking my breaks at the appropriate times irrespective of work load and in the unlikely event this isn't possible then any breaks missed/worked through will be marked down as overtime or take as time in lieu at end of the day i.e. leave early if their not prepared to pay overtime........if questioned about it I'd simply state that I'd been there 20 years, not been late in 8 years, last time I was off sick was 2 years ago so if the company cant give a little leeway then I'm just working to their example
BigVeeGrin

Post by BigVeeGrin »

playerone wrote:I'd go in on Monday and inform the group leader of my intentions right from the start, no more helping out when things go wrong as it's not my job, if line breaks down it will stay that way until some responsible comes along to restart it, I'll be taking my breaks at the appropriate times irrespective of work load and in the unlikely event this isn't possible then any breaks missed/worked through will be marked down as overtime or take as time in lieu at end of the day i.e. leave early if their not prepared to pay overtime........if questioned about it I'd simply state that I'd been there 20 years, not been late in 8 years, last time I was off sick was 2 years ago so if the company cant give a little leeway then I'm just working to their example
Exactly. Know how you feel Stormin' and I am trying to vote with my feet due to be totally taken for granted. Stick with it man - I reckon supposed 'leaders' take advantage of bad times and act like total Hitlers and walking wombles rule books.
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

playerone wrote:I'd go in on Monday and inform the group leader of my intentions right from the start, no more helping out when things go wrong as it's not my job, if line breaks down it will stay that way until some responsible comes along to restart it, I'll be taking my breaks at the appropriate times irrespective of work load and in the unlikely event this isn't possible then any breaks missed/worked through will be marked down as overtime or take as time in lieu at end of the day i.e. leave early if their not prepared to pay overtime........if questioned about it I'd simply state that I'd been there 20 years, not been late in 8 years, last time I was off sick was 2 years ago so if the company cant give a little leeway then I'm just working to their example
thats sounds good to me :thumbup:

i was late (45minutes) the other week nothing was said but i knew i would lose £100 for it in total .
so later in the week the hr asked me to change my shift start to help them out :idea:
is said ok on one condition they adjust my clock in time when i was late .
they did and without questioning it :thumbup: .
no pay was lost .
why cant it be like this for you .
playerone

Post by playerone »

lloydiecbr wrote:
i was late (45minutes) the other week nothing was said but i knew i would lose £100 for it in total .
Christ, I thought I was fairly well paid :lol: :lol: :lol:
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

we lose £50 from our 1\4 bonus and £50 from the weeks pay if we're late .
so it works out better to take the day off if you're going to be late as you will lose the same but you have a nice day out on the bike :thumbup:
playerone

Post by playerone »

it's certainly an incentive not to be late with that kind of loss 8O
StormingHonda

Post by StormingHonda »

The thing is, the group leader is on my side, he had a word with the foreman who done it, but she wouldnt budge, my usual foreman said he would never EVER would have done that to me.

She knows me and knows what I'm like and even had the nerve to say good morning to me the other day :evil:

It seems I was unlucky to get the bumhole foreman, which was the women.

If I stop helping the group leader its him who will suffer and he wont moan about it, but hes a good guy and doesnt deserve it.
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

Your options as a wise Psychologist once taught me:

Change yourself to suit your environment
Change your environment to suit you
or plan to escape ....

[youtube][/youtube]
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
scott02464

Post by scott02464 »

I'm not being funny but if your late then your late..... If they don't dock your wage then what message are they telling the rest of the workforce? 'Have an hour or two off in the morning we don't mind'
Maybe was a bit harsh docking you straight away without any previous warnings! Has this happened to anyone else or have they just used you as an example?

Stick to your role map mate then maybe you won't feel like they ow you anything....
hugeduck

Post by hugeduck »

StormingHonda wrote:The thing is, the group leader is on my side, he had a word with the foreman who done it, but she wouldnt budge, my usual foreman said he would never EVER would have done that to me.

She knows me and knows what I'm like and even had the nerve to say good morning to me the other day :evil:

It seems I was unlucky to get the bumhole foreman, which was the women.

If I stop helping the group leader its him who will suffer and he wont moan about it, but hes a good guy and doesnt deserve it.
as soon as you said women i realised what the problem was here. no logic
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

I totally agree what you have said here. But the only problem is when it comes to redundancies and they have to decide who to make redundant they are going to keep the ones that are always willing to do that little extra for nothing.

You would like to think that it works both ways though and what goes around comes around. b8stard they could have let that one go for a measly 30mins with all things considered. Your bosses are probably under pressure from higher management and their jobs might be on the line if they don't tighten up.

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
StormingHonda

Post by StormingHonda »

scott02464 wrote:I'm not being funny but if your late then your late..... If they don't dock your wage then what message are they telling the rest of the workforce? 'Have an hour or two off in the morning we don't mind'
Maybe was a bit harsh docking you straight away without any previous warnings! Has this happened to anyone else or have they just used you as an example?

Stick to your role map mate then maybe you won't feel like they ow you anything....
There are people who stroll into work late everyday 10 mins parking their car and no one says anything. If she came over and said to me " next time " then fair enough, But she decided to not only dock me, but send people to my house, and the last part grated me the most, and that it would be on my record.

If I had my foreman, he wouldnt have bated an eyelid, might have made a comment in jest like " Leave the missus alone and come ta f*****g work on time jase " ( hes a scouser ), but she was just being a Biatch.

I'm the sort of person who goes to the doctors and dentist in my own time, most people their book it in work time, I really felt I should have been cut some slack atleast once.