Cyclist killed at ship and shovel Dagenham.

General Biker Banter
StormingHonda

Cyclist killed at ship and shovel Dagenham.

Post by StormingHonda »

Just wondering if anyone saw that or got caught in the traffic, the traffic jam was right back past me in Purfleet because some bright prat thought to close off the A13 from the purfleet turn off.

My mate drove past it and said the guys head was pretty smashed in and was 100% when he saw it.
Fireman on a Storm

Re: Cyclist killed at ship and shovel Dagenham.

Post by Fireman on a Storm »

Very sad to say Brian was a work mate. He was one of our brigade mobile mechanics who visited all the fire station fixing the fire engines we brake!
Top bloke, often used our station gym around jobs. Leaves a wife and a couple of young children. A man taken far too young.
57 year old lorry driver has been arrested for causing death by dangerous driving!

Rest in piece Brian, my thoughts go out to his family!
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

very sad to hear that news, when will road users learn how vunerable cyclists are.... :(
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
StormingHonda

Post by StormingHonda »

Fireman on a Storm wrote:Very sad to say Brian was a work mate. He was one of our brigade mobile mechanics who visited all the fire station fixing the fire engines we brake!
Top bloke, often used our station gym around jobs. Leaves a wife and a couple of young children. A man taken far too young.
57 year old lorry driver has been arrested for causing death by dangerous driving!

Rest in piece Brian, my thoughts go out to his family!
Really sorry to hear this, seems as you said the HGV driver has been nicked for dangerous driving, if he is quilty of causing the accident then I hope they throw the book at him.

My mate said it was pretty horrific, he said he didnt think he suffered much because the injuries were so severe ( I know this isn't what you want to hear, just saying what I heard ).

The Traffic jam caused was nothing like I had ever seen from an accident.
StormingHonda

Post by StormingHonda »

bigspanishmarty wrote:very sad to hear that news, when will road users learn how vunerable cyclists are.... :(
To be honest with you, the only road users who realise how vunerable they are, are the other vunerable road users......us motorcycle riders.
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

To be honest with you, the only road users who realise how vunerable they are, are the other vunerable road users......us motorcycle riders.
Your not wrong mate.

I think the penalties have increased for death by dangerous driving. Still not quite the same as murder, but increased nether the less, so the driver wont get off scott free, whatever that means.

Sad :( it's the kids who will suffer most.

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
mr.john.coates

Post by mr.john.coates »

Very sad news.

I cycle the 6 or so miles to work a couple of times per week to try to keep fit and save fuel. I honestly think it's the most dangerous form of transport. More so than my motorbikes, as you can't get of of the way quickly and all traffic has to pass you. Cyclists and motorcyclists are brothers in arms and we should stick up for each other.
NT650V in Red
VTR1000R in Blue
Pushbike in Yellow
Wife in Bed
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

If you think it's bad up there, you should try London :eek2

==============================Enter the Darkside
StormingHonda

Post by StormingHonda »

cybercarl wrote:If you think it's bad up there, you should try London :eek2

Yeah, london is a nightmare, its bad enough for motorcycles, push bikes you got a death wish.