Chucked my job in

General Biker Banter
tony.mon

Chucked my job in

Post by tony.mon »

'cause I got bored with working twelve hour days at least, for seven days a week.
One weekend I worked 31 hours, just on Sat and Sunday. I keep being on call, and although it pays £140 if it is the second one that calendar month it isn't worth that in lost sleep alone.
Don't think in the eight weeks I've been there I've done less than eighty hours/week.

So I dropped the week's notice letter on them yesterday, and so will not be having to work next weekend.
So now I'll be poor but much happier.

Five days and counting....

It was beginning to cause health issues, as I was getting shaking hands and palpitations, probably best to heed the warning signs 8O
Last edited by tony.mon on Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
Kev L

Re: Chucked my job in

Post by Kev L »

You got anything else lined up mate?
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
chric

Post by chric »

Not worth your health tony thats more important than cash.
I on the other hand have lost most of my courier work so off job hunting tomorrow :(
Ill never be a sell out storm forever
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

It was beginning to cause health issues, as I was getting shaking hands and palpitations, probably best to heed the warning signs 8O
Sounds like you have made the right move there then. That is some crazy hours, it's bound to start making you ill if you don't get the time to catch up on sleep and recuperate some energy. Your not a young man anymore and even if you was you'd probably need drugs to get you through those hours.

How about becoming an author. Your first book can be on the Firestorm and the second can be Mons book of bad jokes :wink:

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

cybercarl wrote:
Sounds like you have made the right move there then. That is some crazy hours, it's bound to start making you ill if you don't get the time to catch up on sleep and recuperate some energy. Your not a young man anymore and even if you was you'd probably need drugs to get you through those hours.

How about becoming an author. Your first book can be on the Firestorm and the second can be Mons book of bad jokes :wink:

Oh god, I didn't think of that. At what age should I have given up the drugs?
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

:lol: :lol:

:silent:

==============================Enter the Darkside
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Best of luck for a more suitable job tony .
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Have you thought of trying your hand at becoming a gigolo?
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
BigVeeGrin

Post by BigVeeGrin »

:lol: Mon diueu it's Monsieur Mon!

Once your health is affected it's not worth it, and that crazy amount of hours etc is not sustainable. Hope something turn up Tony :thumbup:
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

respect to you tony & im sure the good lady will support you in your decision - youre lucky enough to be able to turn your hands to awt but tbh i think at your time of life you should be thinking about retiring anyway lol :P
at least it was your decision m8

i also got finished on thurs after telling work i was still having issues with my wrist after my crash.... signed off sick til 10th dec so far.
when i told them i was going back to see the surgeon chap they terminated me lol! like arny!

fortunately i saw this coming and had already accepted a new job last friday :lol: so technically i am still unemployed but should be ok.
be a sh1t crimbo but loss of earnings will be on my claim :thumbup:

tbh ive enjoyed the peace and quiet and being able to spend time with the kids... i know what you mean with the long hours tony... you get yourself in such a state its hard to wind down...
you enjoy the break while you can bud :thumbup:
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
Flatline

Post by Flatline »

Good luck to you Tony
Phimosis

Post by Phimosis »

Hi Tony, back in Feb I started work for Mitie as a response security officer and they proceeded to make me work 84 hours a week....this as you have found out makes you ill. I did 3 months of this and told em to foxtrot oscar, taking the piss. I went to the knob centre and said I was being bullied and being made ill through their actions, the knob centre agreed and duly paid my scoungers allowance!! Only £70 per week but thats some fuel and beer..... :roll: .........get some of your paid up dues back till you get sorted.
She told me she was 16.
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

you made the right decision tony, those hrs will kill you in the end so its not worth risking health and family.

Good luck in whatever you do next and in the short term if I hear anyone needing an engine doing I will send them your way. :thumbup:

Benny........were you a cat in a previous life? you keep landing on your feet! :lol:
AMcQ
StormingHonda

Post by StormingHonda »

I do 37.5 hours a week mate and on shift work its hard so GOD knows how 80hr weeks must feel like, I bet they wasnt even paying you well for it either.

You're health is far more important.
Phimosis

Post by Phimosis »

Things sort themselves out in the end as I took another "good" job after ..in the money...then without warning had my p45....then 3 months of crap, but I have to say it was nice being at home with the dogs although no cash which was a bit sh1t. I then last month took a 30hr a week contract self employed work when I want and im so much happier now, I cant do the slave to the grind anymore, as long a the mortgage is paid I dont mind going without all the extras that 80 hrs a week provides, I didnt think I could manage but my health has improved and im happy, even though the missus trashed my mint Berlingo multispace yesterday................bitch.
She told me she was 16.