Custom VTR Vision/Concept

Show off your bike, modifications or projects and share them with the world.
VTRDark

Custom VTR Vision/Concept

Post by VTRDark »

I finally got around to Photoshoping my VTR and play with the colours that I'm thinking of going with. I'm just a little unsure now as to which to go for. I want a mirrored Chrome look, I just can't decide on whether to have the Standard Silver Chrome or Gold.

Originally I was thinking of spraying the frame, swingarm and forks Black. I tried that and it look naff, It just does not go with either the the Silver or Gold. TBH this is a blessing in disguise as too many people have Black frames and I want to be a bit different. A Gun Metal Grey looks much better with the Silver or a polished frame and swingarm. I'm not sure I want to polish it though, as that is a lot of work and upkeep, also it may be a bit to close to the Silver Chrome in colour. If I go with the Gold Chrome bodywork then a Gold frame goes very well. It gives the bike a more monotone look.

My wheels I'm thinking of painting Metallic Gold or go with something extreme like Fluorescent Green or Orange :roll: The engine cases will be painted a textured Black or a dark Gun Metal Grey with the centre bit on the clutch cover removed and a window put in place. The Clutch itself will be painted Metallic Gold.

Lets see what you good folks think. INo this is not another which colour thread, I don't want other colour suggestions I will be either going with the Gold or Silver bodywork, but I'm open to suggestions on any of the other parts. I'm still thinking about things like my callipers, Harris rearsets and other small parts. I guess I will work that out once the rest has been done. Not sure about decals or breaking up the lines with something, Maybe the Tail section I will do something with, though I am also thinking of making a custom tail piece at some stage out of fibreglass. Maybe a Mario Nava copy. :think:

A 19L tank and CBR1000 Clocks/Dash along with some GSXR indicator mirrors will also be fitted and I will chuck either Gold or Stainless pro bolt type nut and bolt's, reservoir caps etc on it.

Ok Here are the pics.

As my bike stands at the moment

Silver Chrome

Gold Chrome

Bring on the comments and suggestions :thumbup:

(:-})
Last edited by VTRDark on Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
==============================Enter the Darkside
tasum

Re: Custom VTR Vision/Concept

Post by tasum »

i must be getting old, i like the black best :?

of the 2 options i prefer the chrome rather than the gold. the gold looks a bit gold lamé to my old eyes.
Last edited by tasum on Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
slow is smooth, smooth is fast
simo

Post by simo »

Red's a nice colour. Fast as well . :biggrin
Theres A Hare in The Turnips.
tasum

Post by tasum »

what about the chrome with gunmetal wheels?
Last edited by tasum on Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
slow is smooth, smooth is fast
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

All gold is too much, the silver with contrasting is just about OK, but still a bit OTT for my conservative tastes.

you also need to Photoshop your self onto the bike when wrapped in tinfoil :lol:
AMcQ
lumpyv

Post by lumpyv »

your not a secret Saudi Arabian prince are you carl?

3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the worlds population.
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

I starting to think the Gun metal is too dark against the chrome.

Frame as standard

It blends in better.

Polished wheels

Last edited by VTRDark on Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:54 am, edited 2 times in total.
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

You will get all the vain people checking themselves in their reflection on your bike with that paint !!!
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

Not keen on the bike entirely in chrome. And as for gold - lumpy says it for me

However a friend with a Ducati 900SS has a large capacity endurance polished alloy tank fitted which was lovely in the summer sun, and handy for his tour to Istanbul.

a bit like this

http://www.speedzilla.com/forums/ducati ... 098-a.html
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

thats some seriously good photoshop work there carlos, both colour schemes are in your face, my worry would be that your bike lives outside and keeping it looking its best will be alot of hard work, i like the gold but i wouldn't have gold forks or wheels for that matter. good luck with whatever you decide to do buddy... :thumbup:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Thought I would see what it looked like at the track. :lol:

Before and After

Last edited by VTRDark on Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Big up ya Carlos, you is creating da Storm version of B A Barracus, Mr T. "I pity the fool that paint his bike like a rappers cellphone, I pity the fool!!!" :lol:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

VTR Mustang

It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
Virt

Post by Virt »

That's a urm.. Interesting design concept there :lol: I reckon it could look really nice, but I'm not sure about the entirely chrome thing.. You'd spend more time polishing the bike than riding it!!

Not gonna lie Wicky, that would actually look quite nice if you maybe did it on a matte black bike or something :P
Slowly approaching the more bikes than birthdays achievement
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

The chequered tail looks pretty cool. Interesting how a few decals break it up That wi be my nxt stage, to start playing around with some different decal layouts. :thumbup: