carb balancing

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
alan calvert

carb balancing

Post by alan calvert »

having balanced the carbs on my vtr I am having great difficulty in getting the vacuum tube back on the rear cylinder. does anyone have any magical tips to remedy this problem
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

A bit of spit or fairy liquid is good because it dries out when warm.
Personally I never remove the pipe from the rear cylinder. I remove it from the tank end and join it to the gauges through a little adapter (hollow brass tube). That way you don't have to fiddle trying to get the tube back on in a (often hot) difficult to get at place.
Oh well! Maybe next time eh :wink:
Pete.l
ex-viffer

Post by ex-viffer »

I too don't remove the tubes. I've got a T-joint on the back one, with an extra hose coming from the T to connect to the vacuum gauge. I've also added a vacuum nipple from a ScottOiler to the front cylinder, and a piece of vacuum hose from that to the left fairing, where both hoses are plugged and tied up behind the fairing bracket. Now all I have to do for a quick balancing is remove the plugs and connect them to the gauges. Saves lots of time pissing about with sorting out hoses and like that there...
- Ian in EnZed
(Red 97 FireStorm with Dynojet kit, APE camchain tensioners, bafflectomy+ploogs, UniFilter, GenMar risers, Avon Azaros, 90/130W headlight, digital clock/voltmeter), Braided s/steel lines.