leather dye

General Bike chat
agentpineapple

leather dye

Post by agentpineapple »

i got a very cheap baglux tank cover the other day, the only problem being its the wrong colour, now as blue tank covers are very rare, i was wondering if anyone has used leather dye in the past, and would it be possible to turn a yellow tank cover into a blue one, at worst i could go for black which would probably be easier to achieve a decent finsh, can anyone reccomend a product they've used in the past........
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Leather-Repai ... 337eff11c5
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
zims123

Re: leather dye

Post by zims123 »

I bid on that...havin the fastest colour and all....sadly my memory is very poor, and i forgot when it was ending.....so i lost boo hoo....hope you find good dye, if not consider selling????..... :eek2
playerone

Post by playerone »

had yours been red I'd have swapped you marty, I've got a blue one :lol: :lol:
whitestorm pete

Post by whitestorm pete »

the guy that recoverd my seat restored some helicopter seats the other day and he turned them from a dull grey to navy blue and the looked great
If sh1t were money you would be worth a fortune
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

so let me get this right, if we can find someone willing to sell a red one at a reasonable price, zim can pay for it, and get it sent to player, then player can send the blue one to me, and i can send the yellow one to zim.......... :lol:
so whos got a red baglux tank cover that they want to sell????

pete could you find out any info on what product the fella used?
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
playerone

Post by playerone »

bigspanishmarty wrote:so let me get this right, if we can find someone willing to sell a red one at a reasonable price, zim can pay for it, and get it sent to player, then player can send the blue one to me, and i can send the yellow one to zim.......... :lol:

there'll be nothing reasonable about the price of an"ultra rare" blue one :twisted: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

IIRC The baglux is made of vinyl not dead cow so you'll need a vinyl colour product. As its yellow it might turn a bit kermity depending on the opaqueness of any blue colour you try and apply over the top.

http://www.bikechatforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=196599
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

playerone wrote:
bigspanishmarty wrote:so let me get this right, if we can find someone willing to sell a red one at a reasonable price, zim can pay for it, and get it sent to player, then player can send the blue one to me, and i can send the yellow one to zim.......... :lol:

there'll be nothing reasonable about the price of an"ultra rare" blue one :twisted: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
after all the exotic parts i've found you........... :lol: :lol: :lol:
i've just spend some time with the leather cleaner and this yellow one is gleaming, if you ever want to sell it player, can i have first dibs.
is it the correct blue tho, i don't want the darker teal blue, i'd want the brighter/faster candy blue..... :wink:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

Wicky wrote:IIRC The baglux is made of vinyl not dead cow so you'll need a vinyl colour product. As its yellow it might turn a bit kermity depending on the opaqueness of any blue colour you try and apply over the top.

http://www.bikechatforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=196599
thats interesting wicky, i just thought they were leather.... :think:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

according to this website...
http://www.baglux.co.uk/search/?keyword=vtr&brand=0
blue,red and black are the cheapest colours, there are 2 different yellows both are more expensive.... :eek2
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Have a word with Morrellis under the arches on Camden Rd mate. I bought some very good leather/vinyl spray from them, a few years back, but worth a punt.
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF

Post by Image »

I think you have to use green dye because green and yellow makes blue. Do a small test before doing the whole thing.
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

:confused
Image wrote:I think you have to use green dye because green and yellow makes blue. Do a small test before doing the whole thing.

http://www.inform.umd.edu/MCTP/Courses/ColorLesson/
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

there isn't anywhere on the tank cover that you could do a test on...... :(
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

Kev L wrote:Have a word with Morrellis under the arches on Camden Rd mate. I bought some very good leather/vinyl spray from them, a few years back, but worth a punt.
cant find them on the interweb..... :(
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!