ECU..

General Bike chat
gl_s_r

ECU..

Post by gl_s_r »

Did anyone on here get or attempt to get a copy of the HRC ECU that was talked about a good while ago?
Why ask... sometime you just go to do it and find out?
Kev L

Re: ECU..

Post by Kev L »

I think it was mik.str who was leading on that. Don't remember him posting anything more about it though :think:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

I don't recall a conversation like that either.

But here's a link for you Mark, that might be handy. If you can find or get the HRC ignition map (maybe mik or someone can download of their ecu to PC) this firm re-programmes them.
http://www.cdidoctor.com/index.php?main ... &cPath=635

:thumbup:

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
gl_s_r

Post by gl_s_r »

That's the problem as I get older... the mind plays tricks and not sure if I see it here or on the Superchicken site... or even at all and I dreamt it!!

But I think there was talk about getting blank one's from Czech land or similar and loading the HRC maps... just never knew what come of it.
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

gl_s_r wrote:That's the problem as I get older... the mind plays tricks and not sure if I see it here or on the Superchicken site... or even at all and I dreamt it!!

But I think there was talk about getting blank one's from Czech land or similar and loading the HRC maps... just never knew what come of it.
that firm in czech land is very well regarded ..... :thumbup:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
mik_str

Post by mik_str »

Yes, teh company was Czech (I can`t even remember the name.... early onset Alzheimer`s; will find it and get back to you). I tried a unit but couldn`t get it to work. However, many other have. It`s progrrammable and reasonably priced. Will post contact info shortly.....
99 VTR1000F Firestorm, a.k.a. The Carbon Express
mik_str

Post by mik_str »

Helloa gain. The compamny is called Ignitech and the e-mal address is the following: ignitech@ignitech.cz YOu will likely be dealing with a chap named Jan. The unit you want is the TCIP4. The HRC mapping data is available (Roger provided me with the general info, in essence, adjustments to the stock map)

cheers
gl_s_r

Post by gl_s_r »

Thanks Mik... seems my senility is not as far advanced as I first thought.

Just checking the grey matter again and you had the genuine HRC unit didn't you? Did you think it made any difference?
mik_str

Post by mik_str »

Truthfully, hard to tell as I had too many things going on at the same time (like knocking small end on the one rod). MY engine seemingly lost a fair percentage of power (4-5%) in a short amount of time (following the 1st rebuild; should not have dropped that significantly considering the low mileage ont eh engine (about 20K km) and quality of the compoenents used in the rebuild). I am currently ruinning the stock ECU but will be putting the HRC unit back as soon as I get my tach working (fix the SP unit to wk, or will remove it and re-install the stock piece). I don`t want to risk over-revving it... cost me a bundle last time that happened......
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

After a bit of ignition research today I found the following which I thought to be interesting and may be feasible to use on our bikes as they are already TCI based ignition systems, not CDI as far as I'm aware.
http://electronic-ignition-system.com/d ... ition-tci/

I think I would put my trust into something like that more than this :lol:
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Motorcyc ... 50450.html

I also found this which confused the hell out of me. I think it's a module for converting to EFI :confused http://www.msextra.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=26702

Jscobey

Post by Jscobey »

excuse my ignorance but what exactley is the benefit of havng the HRC ECU?
High Hindles.SP1frontend.SP2&900rrwheel.Ohlins.SAbrace&spools.AllBalls.jetkit.JE 11.5:1 Pistns.Stg 1 Cams. HPowerstacks.HRCthrtl.SSlines.RadMC.WveRtr.LtWtFlywhl.LEDtail.mosfet.MCCT.DePair.Tailtidy.DM rrsets.Lower.Carbonadis.hugger.sliders.
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

An ignition map that can be altered via computer software. I think but I'm not 100% on that with specifically the HRC unit as it may be a fixed map with that, but it defo removes all the limitations that the standard electronics have like speed limiter, emissions restrictions etc.

What would be nice is to have fine control of the ignition timing map and adjusts things according to RPM's. A bit like fitting an ignition advancer except that is fixed and adjusts throughout the rev range and only in one direction, advance or retard! Basically having some kind of control over retarding and advancing the ignition timing where needs be depending on the state of tune.

So basically it's along similar lines of having a fuel injected bike and taking it along to the dyno, plugging in and adjusting or installing a different map. Advancing and retarding also has an affect of fuel, how clean the burn is depending on when the plug fires and ignites the charge.

Jscobey

Post by Jscobey »

interesting...

ive read that the face lifted later model VTR's came with a 4 degree electronic advance within the ECU. could you just get one and plug it into an older bike rather than the trouble of a mechanical advancer? or is it not that simple
High Hindles.SP1frontend.SP2&900rrwheel.Ohlins.SAbrace&spools.AllBalls.jetkit.JE 11.5:1 Pistns.Stg 1 Cams. HPowerstacks.HRCthrtl.SSlines.RadMC.WveRtr.LtWtFlywhl.LEDtail.mosfet.MCCT.DePair.Tailtidy.DM rrsets.Lower.Carbonadis.hugger.sliders.
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

That's yet to be proven. There was also talk of the fixed mechanical ignition plate (advancer) on the engine side being different as the part numbers are different but Roger has confirmed that was because Honda changed suppliers and is exactly the same. The changes they made could be something as little as changing needle profiles and/or pilot jet sizes along with the emissions PAIR system being added. No biggie, a bit like the so called fork upgrade.

You cant put the later box on an early bike because yet again it's a sealed unit with no control over it and also contains the electronics for the HISS. We have two box's the Converter unit which sends the signal to the coils and then plugs. Then the Ignition Control Unit which I believe contains all the mapping and monitors the throttle position, speed, revs etc, does it's calculations which then tells the Converter Unit when to fire. So both work in conjunction with each other.

8541Hawk

Post by 8541Hawk »

The HRC units do work well :? Though on the street they do have a couple of draw backs.

Which IMHO mean on the street you would be actually better off with one of the other units listed.
They don't have the "bling" factor of a true HRC box though if you add in the cost of a true HRC ECU, if you ever find one, then the choice is pretty clear. :thumbup:
Loud pipes don't save lives, knowing how to ride your bike will save your life.