So I've got a second interview...

General Biker Banter
Virt

Post by Virt »

I had an interview yesterday for a software software development company and they've already ruled me as their preferred candidate (they've interviewed them all). As in the interview they brought in their programmer to interrogate me as I have 18 months experience with the language they use.... And I like bikes and am a musician like many of the employees so I would theoretically fit in fairly well. But they've decided they want a second interview with me, this time with the other co-director of the company. I don't know how to top my last interview and I'm scared he won't like me now that I've made a good impression :(
Slowly approaching the more bikes than birthdays achievement
alternative_vtr

Re: So I've got a second interview...

Post by alternative_vtr »

Good luck, be positive, think before you answer if it's a tricky question and all the usual stuff be clean, prompt, smartly dressed and you will get the job. If it's at this stage it's probably just to get the other director to rubber stamp it.
KTM Duke 690ABS in White
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Just think of it a one step closer to getting a job .

Good luck young one
BigVeeGrin

Post by BigVeeGrin »

Virt - stop this nonsense.

You've had a first interview, become the lead candidate on your knowledge, character etc etc.

WHY would meeting the other co-director be an issue? It's a big step in the right direction and you don't have to top anything. Just be yourself as I guess you were with the others. This is nothing other than good, sensibly seeking a confirmation of their thoughts first time round. so stop worrying and good luck and wash behind the ears before you go and don't slate IL4's or Harleys :thumbup:
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Well if you done well with the other interview and they work there then the Director has employed them. So do the same again and it should go well.

Good luck. :thumbup:

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

Explain your long hippy hair by telling them you are the reincarnation of a young Steve Jobs....

[youtube][/youtube]
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

No. if they are PC based they may take that as an insult. :eek2 just get a haircut.

Nice pic by the way. :thumbup:
==============================Enter the Darkside
lumpyv

Post by lumpyv »

well done :thumbup:

I would wear mens clothing.

the 2nd interview guy probably trusts the people who interviewed you first. I reckon your in !.
3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the worlds population.
bazza696

Post by bazza696 »

wear a low cut top and a mini skirt your be okay...
callam_nffc

Post by callam_nffc »

I wouldn't worry about it mate, I had a second interview forthe job I'm in now and was also shitting myself after my first interview

Turned out it was just so the director could say hello, that's it lol
CBR125 - XJ600S DIVERSION - YZF600R THUNDERCAT - VTR1000 FIRESTORM
I still crave a supermoto...
Virt

Post by Virt »

alternative_vtr wrote: be prompt
Interesting fact.. I was late yesterday cause every mapping software I have directed me to entirely different places :lol:

And sorry BVG :p I've never had much confidence in myself or anything due to issues from my childhood and whatnot so I have mild paranoia and (somewhat severe when it decides to show up) anxiety issues :( I always work myself into a panic and as such screw stuff up quite badly.

I can't remember what I did Carl. I'm quite confused about it. The interview I had last week came back this morning, along with this news, and they said I had no passion for IT (which is crap) but these people know I do. No idea what's happened now :lol:

They work with PC's and Mac's so I'm not sure how beneficial that would turn out to be Wicky, depends which this director prefers so probing may be required beforehand (don't get jealous lloydie and Al :wink: )

Hopefully that's the case here too then Callam, although they said to allow an hour for this interview.. The last one was meant to be 20 minutes and took 45 so I may never actually escape and it'd be one long greeting :lol:

Other than that, from reading the comments from all of you's it seems I'm fairly close to finally getting some employment if all goes well. Thanks everyone, time to try and raise some confidence. Don't suppose you know of any ways to sell my soul and get some? :lol: :lol:
Last edited by Virt on Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

well done on getting the second interview mate, as above really, fingers crossed for you dude, who knows you might be in a position to spend some money on your bike in the near future.... :D
i'm sure they'll see sense and put you straight in at a managerial level.... :wink:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Virt

Post by Virt »

bigspanishmarty wrote:well done on getting the second interview mate, as above really, fingers crossed for you dude, who knows you might be in a position to spend some money on your bike in the near future.... :D
i'm sure they'll see sense and put you straight in at a managerial level.... :wink:
Not quite sure that's the sensible option mate :lol: however if you ever start your own business and fancy committing corporate suicide, I'm definitely the manager you'll want!! :thumbup: thanks a lot though :)
Stratman

Post by Stratman »

You'll be just fine - you come across on here as a really nice guy and that counts for a lot. :D
Two bikes, still only four cylinders!

AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Well done on getting this far, the next bit will be a simple formality....just don't mention this forum and the cross dressing and you will be home and free :thumbup:
AMcQ