how far out are my dials

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
STEVESTORM

how far out are my dials

Post by STEVESTORM »

2 quickies..Having fitted my 15t front and 45t rear I am having great fun :twisted: BUT... :cry:

1) I know my speedo is 24% over reading but what affect is it having on the miles as it shows my journey to work only 10% higher :?:

2) Is there any effect on the rev counter reading. the bike obviously revs higher but I need to know if its accurate before I red line it without knowing :?:

Appreciate any knowlegable assistance........or failing that guesswork

Cheers

Steve
cupasoop
Site Admin

Post by cupasoop »

The rev counter shouldn't be affected as it's eletronically driven by some magical eletronic gizmo. Cant help you with the speedo though, all that gearing stuff is just a mystery to me. Why dont you get someone to go out for a ride with you and compare speedo differences with them?
Rich.

Robbe

Post by Robbe »

vtrsteve

Post by vtrsteve »

Simplest and safest thing to do is fit a sigma type cycle computer and calibrate it. You don't want to be doing mental arithmetic on the fly into a camera site :lol:

With just a 15t on the front 100 on the clock is 88 in real speed as near as dammit.

Steve
delmeekc

Post by delmeekc »

Quite abit out, mine used to read (along time ago on a 97 model in 97) 165mph and it was doing about 151mph. Use a gps to check.

Del.