Terror

General Biker Banter
NHSH

Terror

Post by NHSH »

So now we experiencing a total shutdown of society due to the asshole terrorists. The entire Boston area is on a lock down, can't leave the house... Crap!
Can't believe that a 19 years old piece of sh1t Islamist having entire city, millions of people down to there knee's.
This is absolutely insane!
You never see a motorcycle parked in front of a psychiatrists for psycho therapy. All I need is cycle therapy
agentpineapple

Re: Terror

Post by agentpineapple »

that would never happen in london mate, we are used to such things.
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

A lot of disturbing events happening in relatively quick succession in the US: Sandy Hook, Christopher Dorner shootings and manhunt, Boston bombings, Texas explosion and now the Boston shooting & manhunt

It seems gun ownership doesn''t necessarily grant complete peace of mind....
sh1t Islamist
AFAIK their motives haven't been ascertained
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

In fact the opposite would happen in London. It would drag more people out as if to say you wont stop us going about out business, screw you. I think the people in the states are more than likely hiding from the cops in case there are bullies being fired and one could go off course and hit an innocent civilian with them on the rampage with their posse.

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
NHSH

Post by NHSH »

Wicky wrote:A lot of disturbing events happening in relatively quick succession in the US: Sandy Hook, Christopher Dorner shootings and manhunt, Boston bombings, Texas explosion and now the Boston shooting & manhunt

sh1t Islamist

Wicky, I don't know how you see any relation of Texas explosion to gun ownership, beside the fact that in Texas there's more guns then people :wink: not to mention that non of these events are related except the Boston bombing and manhunt.
And yes, the motive is not established yet, but I think it is safe to say that we all know the outcome.... I guess we wait and see
You never see a motorcycle parked in front of a psychiatrists for psycho therapy. All I need is cycle therapy
NHSH

Post by NHSH »

cybercarl wrote:In fact the opposite would happen in London. It would drag more people out as if to say you wont stop us going about out business, screw you. I think the people in the states are more than likely hiding from the cops in case there are bullies being fired and one could go off course and hit an innocent civilian with them on the rampage with their posse.

Yea, the Cops and FBI also want to be free to move without traffic.
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Good point that. I have just seen it on the news. Bloody hell it looks like war has been declared with all the national army about. It's not just police and FBI then. And how many shots does it take to shoot one guy, and the other gets away amongst the chaos and confusion. 8O One or two shots from a trained marksman should have done the trick.

callam_nffc

Post by callam_nffc »

Its more to proud the fact that they will get you and you have no place to hide IMO
CBR125 - XJ600S DIVERSION - YZF600R THUNDERCAT - VTR1000 FIRESTORM
I still crave a supermoto...
darkember

Post by darkember »

We have been used it since the 70's with the IRA. Over here, as said before, we just get on with our lives. We only have this one so we should use it to the full.
lumpyv

Post by lumpyv »

cybercarl wrote:Good point that. I have just seen it on the news. Bloody hell it looks like war has been declared with all the national army about. It's not just police and FBI then. And how many shots does it take to shoot one guy, and the other gets away amongst the chaos and confusion. 8O One or two shots from a trained marksman should have done the trick.

good point that I cant believe the guy escaped, what with all those guns making the population safe.
3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the worlds population.
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

NHSH wrote:
Wicky wrote:A lot of disturbing events happening in relatively quick succession in the US: Sandy Hook, Christopher Dorner shootings and manhunt, Boston bombings, Texas explosion and now the Boston shooting & manhunt

sh1t Islamist

Wicky, I don't know how you see any relation of Texas explosion to gun ownership, beside the fact that in Texas there's more guns then people :wink: not to mention that non of these events are related except the Boston bombing and manhunt.
And yes, the motive is not established yet, but I think it is safe to say that we all know the outcome.... I guess we wait and see
Re, Texas explosion

Seems no one is taking any chances in the context of recent events....

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013/ap ... rime-scene
Authorities in the town of West, north of Waco, said the blast site was being treated as a crime scene, although they stressed they had no evidence of foul play.
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

Wicky

Post by Wicky »

cybercarl wrote:Good point that. I have just seen it on the news. Bloody hell it looks like war has been declared with all the national army about. It's not just police and FBI then. And how many shots does it take to shoot one guy, and the other gets away amongst the chaos and confusion. 8O One or two shots from a trained marksman should have done the trick.

http://www.virginiacops.org/articles/sh ... combat.htm
Hit Potential In Gun Fights

The police officer's potential for hitting his adversary during armed
confrontation has increased over the years and stands at slightly over 25% of
the rounds fired. An assailant's skill was 11% in 1979.

In 1990 the overall police hit potential was 19%. Where distances could be
determined, the hit percentages at distances under 15 yards were:

Less than 3 yards ..... 38%
3 yards to 7 yards .. 11.5%
7 yards to 15 yards .. 9.4%

In 1992 the overall police hit potential was 17%. Where distances could be
determined, the hit percentages at distances under 15 yards were:

Less than 3 yards ..... 28%
3 yards to 7 yards .... 11%
7 yards to 15 yards . 4.2%

The Disconnect Between Range Marksmanship & Combat Hitsmanship

It has been assumed that if a man can hit a target at 50 yards he can
certainly do the same at three feet. That assumption is not borne out by the
reports.

An attempt was made to relate an officer's ability to strike a target in a
combat situation to his range qualification scores. After making over 200
such comparisons, no firm conclusion was reached. To this writer's mind,
the study result establishes that there is indeed a disconnect between the
two.
as an example....

The entire confrontation from the time the suspect points his gun at the officers to the time he is down is 6 seconds. The officers fired 16 bullets from very close range in 4 seconds and only 7 hit.

VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

:Shock1:

I'm not against guns but that scene on the news earlier makes me laugh. It was like gunfight at the OK corral. All I can say is that the general cop on the streets training must be very poor or they are firing pea shooters. I wonder how our forces would have dealt with the same incident. I suspect it would have taken one or two shots from a trained marksman.

NHSH

Post by NHSH »

cybercarl wrote::Shock1:

I'm not against guns but that scene on the news earlier makes me laugh. It was like gunfight at the OK corral. All I can say is that the general cop on the streets training must be very poor or they are firing pea shooters. I wonder how our forces would have dealt with the same incident. I suspect it would have taken one or two shots from a trained marksman.

In NYC the average cop is not very well trained it's true, for a salary of $50K a year and high risk, I guess you can't expect too much, isn't it? While some other Towns pay up to $120K per year for the same job with less risk involved.
firestorm1997

Post by firestorm1997 »

NHSH wrote:
In NYC the average cop is not very well trained it's true, for a salary of $50K a year and high risk, I guess you can't expect too much, isn't it? While some other Towns pay up to $120K per year for the same job with less risk involved.
I think they should be paid a lot more than that with the sh1t they have to put up with, gang and gun culture the way of life for many. Now having to deal with the threat of terrorist attacks as well. fcuk that for a game of soldiers...must be far safer ways of earning that sort of cash.