Help me please !!!!

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
Rover214dog

Help me please !!!!

Post by Rover214dog »

I took my bike out yesterday morn with no probs. got home switched her off . Half hr later went to go out on her . Put key in pushed starter button got a turn over for a second then every thing went out . So I did the light test . Left light on an pushed start button . Every thing dies then light slowly gets brighter ?
Volt test on batt shows 12.2 volts but only 0.7 amps but batt is only 6 month old
Would it be safe to say batt is cream crackered and just dropped all its ampage or could it be caused by something else ?
Any advice would be nice ? Cheers guys :Argue 1:
Kev L

Re: Help me please !!!!

Post by Kev L »

Have a look for posts on the regulator/rectifier going belly up. It's under the right side panel below the seat. Along with the CCT's that is the next biggest problem. Look to see whether you have the early non-finned one or later finned one (the one you want). Have a check under the little rubber hood on the starter motor as this gets coated and can cause issues.
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
skyman

Post by skyman »

got the same problem my rectifier was draining current even with the ignition off so i would say that :evil:
bike ran normal till then
Rover214dog

Post by Rover214dog »

But battery is at right voltage just poo amps would rectifier do that
Rover214dog

Post by Rover214dog »

Checked it its the finned one and looks fairly new ? Mayb I should replace it or can I test it
chi kung

Post by chi kung »

Let me know if you need a hand im only down the road from you.
Rover214dog

Post by Rover214dog »

chi kung wrote:Let me know if you need a hand im only down the road from you.

Cheers mate I may do I'm working away now till next Friday so il let ya know
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Rover214dog wrote:But battery is at right voltage just poo amps would rectifier do that
Possibly, because the battery is often damaged by the over voltage and can give the correct voltage but not store current.

However if the headlight goes on and stays on ok then I'd suspect a problem with the fat lead from the starter relay to the starter motor, or the starter motor bolt where the lead clamps on to the motor.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
Rover214dog

Post by Rover214dog »

tony.mon wrote:
Rover214dog wrote:But battery is at right voltage just poo amps would rectifier do that
Possibly, because the battery is often damaged by the over voltage and can give the correct voltage but not store current.

However if the headlight goes on and stays on ok then I'd suspect a problem with the fat lead from the starter relay to the starter motor, or the starter motor bolt where the lead clamps on to the motor.
When I push start button all lights inc mileage and n light every thing goes out then very slowly comes back on . That why I suspected batt buggered
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Sounds like it, as long as the battery terminals and earth strap are all firmly connected.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Have you charged the battery back up at all. Batteries do drain over a period of time. I would charge it up, check the output on the R/R and monitor if the battery holds it's charge over the next few days.

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
Rover214dog

Post by Rover214dog »

Cheers tony
No just ordered a new batt so that will be here tues
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Still check the R/R because if it's overcharging it will take out the new battery.

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside