Xbox One

General Biker Banter
Virt

Xbox One

Post by Virt »

Anyone here thinking of getting the Xbox One when it comes out later this year? I was impressed by the release of it, but looking at the game DRM details they can womble right off. I'm not paying £80 for a game, on a £400 console, that I can't trade in at a later date to recoup costs.. And the lack of preowned games is gonna keep game prices at £80, even for older games.. To hell with that.
Slowly approaching the more bikes than birthdays achievement
VTRDark

Re: Xbox One

Post by VTRDark »

You could always get yourself a mini-munchman. :lol:

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
Virt

Post by Virt »

No thanks :lol: I'm just gonna build a custom PC instead.. for the current valuations of the new xbox, £780 (console and 2 new games. amazon has put a £600 target on the xbox and games are supposedly 90 each as a target. Prices will no doubt drop though) I can get an i5 3570k minimum with a 7870 GPU and at least 8gb of RAM.. And a high quality case, motherboard, fans, HDD, SSD and stuff with about £50 left over. And because Steam runs regular sales the games rarely cost more than £40 :p
Eclectic

Post by Eclectic »

Hehe, indeed Virt.

Im better at PC moddin' than bikes.

My current gaming rig:
Corsair 800D modded to take a black ice gt stealth 3x120 rad in the bottom. A Thermochill 3x140 rad in the top and all fan blow holes has the mesh cut out to breath better. Then powder coated red.

i7 920 @ 3.8ghz stable watercooled
3x2gb OCZ Reaper tri channel @ 1754mhz
Asus p6t deluxe
XFX 7970 watercooled
Ocz vertex 3 120gb boot drive
Ocz vertex 2e 120gb game drive
Creative X-fi titanium sound card
Antec true power quattro 1000watt PSU

Theres an older build log here: http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showth ... t=18161966

The 920 still cuts the mustard, so unless BF4 is CPU heavy (doubt it judging on bf3) she'll be staying in this year.

As for the xbox, still no pc release date for GTA: V so i might be picking up a console this year for it :-?

Ps, if your a bf3 player and looking for a community of friendly folk not concerned about skill level. Check us out @ http://www.rsobb.co.uk I go by Nigel over there, yep, my real name

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
Virt

Post by Virt »

Bloody hell not bad!

Not getting a PC for quite a while and I'm gonna get one of the all-in-one monitors (found one I like. Specs decent enough to run games on medium with ambient temp never going above 39C) and then upgrade it slow time and over clock it because it has enough cooling to handle it. This way it's also windows 8 and touchscreen, although I dislike windows 8 it's bearable with touchscreen and it'll also get used while I'm cookin so not fiddling about with a mouse will be helpful. :thumbup:
Miztaziggy

Post by Miztaziggy »

Water cooled i7 at only 3.8??

Hmm

I like my pc stuff, I have a custom PC I built
I7 2600k at 4.4ghz air cooled.
Asus p8z77 v pro
8 gb 2133 MHz ram
2 x 5870 cards in x fire
480 gb Kingston hyper x SSD

Beats the sh1t outta the spec that they are proposing for new consoles.

Interestingly though, the ps4 will have much better hardware than the shitbox. The graphics chip is about 50% faster. 7850 rather that 7790 card.

Both have god awful CPUs though, the jaguar core is a low power core designed for tablets and low power laptops. As usual though they are hyping it up and all the fan boys will think it's cutting edge.

Shame.

Only good thing from PC gaming point of view is they use x86 architecture so porting to PC will be easy.
Eclectic

Post by Eclectic »

Haha, aye. Had her upto 4.3 but couldnt get the memory stable, I could drop the speed of the ram but considering its an i7 its already fast even at 3.8 so i prefer to sacrifice some clock speed to get the memory as fast as possible.

Virt

Post by Virt »

Miztaziggy wrote:Water cooled i7 at only 3.8??

Hmm

I like my pc stuff, I have a custom PC I built
I7 2600k at 4.4ghz air cooled.
Asus p8z77 v pro
8 gb 2133 MHz ram
2 x 5870 cards in x fire
480 gb Kingston hyper x SSD

Beats the sh1t outta the spec that they are proposing for new consoles.

Interestingly though, the ps4 will have much better hardware than the shitbox. The graphics chip is about 50% faster. 7850 rather that 7790 card.

Both have god awful CPUs though, the jaguar core is a low power core designed for tablets and low power laptops. As usual though they are hyping it up and all the fan boys will think it's cutting edge.

Shame.

Only good thing from PC gaming point of view is they use x86 architecture so porting to PC will be easy.

Not bad not bad :thumbup:

What I find the funniest is how 8GB RAM is meant to provide the best visuals on a console ever... Pretty sure it's VRAM combined with the CPU the provides visuals.. RAM just holds the data so uhh... Why is it being called RAM? Unless it is RAM, in which case why the hell does it need 8gb and what is going on the VRAM side?
edds11

Post by edds11 »

:wtf: , join a french forum if your gonna talk like that.....coz that what it sounds like
Eclectic

Post by Eclectic »

Very few games address more than 4gb of ram due to the x86 limitations anyway, so it is a peculiar one to what they are actually doing with 8gb

Miztaziggy

Post by Miztaziggy »

The 8gb ram is just shared between graphics and system.

That's why they are saying that it is ahead of the PC because it's system on chip SOC rather than discrete units.

All in all the SOC doesn't make that much difference. The graphics chip is still sub 2 teraflops which is sh1t by modern standards.

On the plus side it is 6x approx faster than the old consoles.

Whatever the spec, I don't want a night Vision camera in my living room, tracking eye movements and sending data on what I'm watching on tv to Microsoft

Apparently they are going to implement a system where you pay to watch movies per person watching. If someone enters the room half way through, kinect will detect them and pause the film until you pay.

W T F!!!
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

Miztaziggy wrote:
Apparently they are going to implement a system where you pay to watch movies per person watching. If someone enters the room half way through, kinect will detect them and pause the film until you pay.

W T F!!!
Stick masking tape over the camera or a place a photo of an empty room in front of the camera....
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
Miztaziggy

Post by Miztaziggy »

Good idea but the camera has depth perception and can see in 3d, so photo a no go...and it will probably just stop you watching all together if you tape over lenses :(
Virt

Post by Virt »

Yeah, I've never liked Kinect anyway... If you want to play a football game and do exercise, how about you play football?! It's about £40 cheaper! PC gaming is the way forward,it always has been. It's just becoming more obvious now, and now that with this I've convinced my friends to go into it I won't be alone on the matter :thumbup:
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

Xbox One: Kinect won't be used to spy on you, camera can be switched off

http://www.oxm.co.uk/54819/xbox-one-kin ... tched-off/

And for the pay per view though it's a recent MS patent doesn't mean it will be immediately implemented, if at all.

http://gamer.blorge.com/2013/05/27/xbox ... ie-viewer/
Miztaziggy wrote:Good idea but the camera has depth perception and can see in 3d, so photo a no go...and it will probably just stop you watching all together if you tape over lenses :(
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts