the motorcycle show

General Biker Banter
Steve97

the motorcycle show

Post by Steve97 »

Just fell asleep watching it, is it me or is it that boring! ?
VTRDark

Re: the motorcycle show

Post by VTRDark »

I turned it over the other day as I got bored. It's format of the show the way it jumps backwards and forwards from one subject to another and it's all done on the cheap. Cheap TV, it don't cost much to go to a race circuit and talk to nobodies or watch a powdercoater spray something. Also the presenter is wrong for the show, he is not entertaining and has nothing interesting or funny to say. Could you imagine how much more popular the show would be if they pumped a bit of money into it and used the same or similar format as Top Gear.

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

it was much funnier listerning to jamie whitham talking about the 90's superbike era......... :lol:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
thumperslaw

Post by thumperslaw »

That dude only lives up the road from me
98 storm with goodies!

Srad seven fiddy stuntbike

K100 "flying brick"

R.I.P engine number 5
Virt

Post by Virt »

cybercarl wrote: Could you imagine how much more popular the show would be if they pumped a bit of money into it and used the same or similar format as Top Gear.

(:-})
And bikers' have been asking for this for ages but it will probably never happen as we're a minority and everyone hates us (apparently) :lol: :D

There have been a few semi-decent episodes of it, but the majority of the time the guys voice drives me insane. I hate listening to it.

At least Top Gear is also mildly educational and can be classified (just) as a documentary. (educational as in hammers fix everything and such)
After watching this you haven't learned anything except how bad the show is :thumbdown:
Slowly approaching the more bikes than birthdays achievement
geodude

Post by geodude »

It's the only show we have and we are at risk of losing it although it does get a 7.7 rating on TVGuide

Perhaps provide some feedback direct to ITV?

http://www.itv.com/contactus/get-in-touch/
“Only by constantly developing your insight and knowledge can you fulfil your responsibility to ride safely and effectively”
“He who rides fastest, rides alone!"
YouTube Website Facebook Bike accessories
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

I was thinking the same as you George, so don't knock it to much guys, there's not many more TV programs on to do with motorcycles anymore.

I normally like Henry Cole doing his bike programs over the years, but seeing as I've not yet seen this weeks I'll reserve judgment until I have,

Chris.
Nickcv

Post by Nickcv »

I find the program dull and would welcome a Top Gear style of show covering many aspects of motor cycling.
aces-high

Post by aces-high »

Top Gear has bugger all to do with motoring.
It's an entertainment show with a bit of car related stuff thrown at it and as such it's very popular and watchable. But it used to be a straight forward car show with serious reviews and factual information and had very poor viewer ratings somewhat like that "Fith gear" show on channel five?
Some years back on the Men And Motors Channel there was another bike show ( might have been called the "bike show"?) that was based around the north west and that featured the staff from "on yer bike" in Manchester in expert review roles about boots ect and items like this is a bike, look at it, yup it's a bike, aren't bikes great. It didn't last long before going off air, "On yer bike" closed down some years later as well.
Fecking Awful. If there was a Top Gear for bikes it might be popular and entertaining but it wouldn't have much actual information about bikes or biking.( I'd still watch it)
As a minority group any TV show would have to try and appeal to the masses and dumb down the information given to such an extent that it would quickly be boring and turn off the genuine bikers, al la "The Motorcycle Show".

Just googled and found the men and motor show It was called "2 Wheels Better" and is available on you tube.
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

i'd could see a TOP BIKE show, following a similar format to the top gear show. but could you imagine the danger, would they be able to rag a bike around the track like they do a car?
without fear of throwing it at the scenery.
who would you have.....
A being clarkson, B being hamster, C captian slow.
it ain't easy trying to figure out who'd present it. remember both hammond and james may are fellow bikers, so you'd only need to replace clarkson, or would yuo have all new presenters?
personally i'd like to see jamie whitham in it somewhere.
A.
B.
C.
could you imagine a star on a resonably priced bike..... :lol:
it bad weather..... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
i'm giving my abc some thought.... :wink:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Virt

Post by Virt »

agentpineapple wrote: could you imagine a star on a resonably priced bike..... :lol:
CBF125? :lol: :lol:
Slowly approaching the more bikes than birthdays achievement
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

thumperslaw wrote:That dude only lives up the road from me
Then give him a slap from me :-)
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

There is/was another one about on one of the sports channels on sky. Think it's |Motors TV 447.

This was hosted by Jamie Whitham & seemed to be based around Superbike mag as it always had their guys on it.

Can't for the life of me remember what is was called tho...

Not seen it on for a while though...

BTW Motors TV does have a fair bit of bike racing on it... :thumbup:

http://www.motorstv.com/tv-guide-uk

Found this...no details of when it's on though, will have a check later to see if it's repeated at the mo...

http://www.loaded.tv/THE-SUPERBIKE-SHOW

Re edit to the last edit...

Sky 200 is not Loaded TV any more so it ain't on that channel...
Last edited by MacV2 on Thu Jul 04, 2013 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
whitestorm pete

Post by whitestorm pete »

when it was on last week they said it took the bloke three days to paint that triumph tank! one day to etch and prime! glad i aint paying for it! but tbh its an ok program i enjoyed the 90s superbike program more aharr the good old days :lol:
If sh1t were money you would be worth a fortune
Steve97

Post by Steve97 »

I think the shows erm..ok, but henrys got to go its a bit like a window into his own private little world, what about henry does
Donutts
Wheelie s
Gets his knee down
Visits santa pod
Visits a maufacturers production line
Tests some kit in the rain

The list goes on ?