Benny's Bike

General Bike chat
Miztaziggy

Benny's Bike

Post by Miztaziggy »

Apparently Benny's wife wants rid of the bike stuff from their garage. I think partly to raise some funds, and probably partly because of the memories :(

I am not sure what there is, but I suspect his white firestorm is still there, plus a load of other bits. I don't know what state his white storm is in, whether it runs, or is in bits.

I will be able to go across with the trailer later this week and collect it all, but, depending on what's there, ill need help to break and sell it.

So I am looking for any volunteers that might be close to me to lend a hand? Anyone with any knowledge of stripping the engine, removing it from the frame, which bits to sell with which bolts and for how much. Although I want to help out here, Sarah will have my nuts if I put another bike in the garage and it ends up stuck there for months.

Also, if there is any interest in any of the bits, such as wheels, swing arm, frame, engine, carbs, forks, fairings, screen, rearsets, exhausts etc etc etc please let me know on here.
Steve6088

Re: Benny's Bike

Post by Steve6088 »

I'm more than happy to help. I only live about 10mins away from benny's. When I was over there a while back his white storm was just a pile of parts in the garage, so there wouldn't be much breaking involved.
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Ziggy, Benny had broken the Storm and was selling bit's off through the For Sale section. Not wishing to be indelicate but I know some guys on here have purchased items, for instance Tony bought some cams.
Well done for taking this task dude, the family will need as much support as possible.
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
Miztaziggy

Post by Miztaziggy »

Kev L wrote:Ziggy, Benny had broken the Storm and was selling bit's off through the For Sale section. Not wishing to be indelicate but I know some guys on here have purchased items, for instance Tony bought some cams.
Well done for taking this task dude, the family will need as much support as possible.
Ahh right ok, well that helps then.

And yes mate, I am aware that some parts were sold and not necessarily posted on. If anyone is waiting for bits they paid for in the last week or so, please let me know and ill try to find them if I can.

Steve6088 wrote:I'm more than happy to help. I only live about 10mins away from benny's. When I was over there a while back his white storm was just a pile of parts in the garage, so there wouldn't be much breaking involved.
Unfortunately I live over the other side of the Pennines, near Leeds / York.

Perhaps we meet at Benny's house and finish stripping the bike in the garage, package up the bits there then take them away until they're sold?
seb421

Post by seb421 »

If you need a castle nut to remove the engine bolts let me know i can meet you anyday during the day or can you can ring me when your going martins and I'll meet you on his estate entrance or near buy,

don't want to disturb the family as they must be going through hell and I'm sure the last thing she wants is more bikes on the drive,

he's only 20 mins away from me so short notice is fine mate as i work nights

Failing that pm your address and I'll post it off

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
ヨシムラ

MOT - 10/04/2015
TAX - 30/11/14
INSURANCE - MCE - Expires 12/04/2015 (Midnight)
ACCIDENT CALL - 0871 2227910
RAC - 0800 1977830 - 03_MCECAB90013033
carmanbikes

Post by carmanbikes »

I went over to Benny`s a few weeks ago and the engine was out of the bike it was all in bits :(
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

ZIggy, I've PM'd you re the cams, we were part way through the sale; I paid and he was going to post them this weekend but I said no rush, whenever, I won't be fitting them for a few weeks yet...

Re breaking the bike, it'll probably make more money as separate parts, but there's no point in my experience of splitting the bottom end.
No-one buys cranks, rods, used pistons etc.
But the heads, clutch, clutch cover, gearbox, selectors, alternator, CCT's, Reg/Rec, lights, frame, fairing and plastics, seat, cases and bottom end are worth money, and he'll still have the lightened rotor on that engine, plus his fancy breather devices, which lessen the engine braking on the overrun. They seemed to work ok!

He'll have cans by the dozen, and a lot of tools and spares.
I'd definitely go o that garage sale.....
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
Jazzscot

Post by Jazzscot »

I propose that we have an in house auction (deffo not ebay) of all the parts involved. As you know we are trying to raise funds to help with costs at this very difficult time.

would ask Mr Carl to use his new section and we could list the parts in one post.

Then we could pick a night and maybe try an online live thread kinda auction thing.

would encourage the forum to come together as one and try and beat the record users online total in memory of the big man.

Any thoughts?
Everything good is bad
Everything bad is good
Jazzscot

Post by Jazzscot »

I propose that we have an in house auction (deffo not ebay) of all the parts involved. As you know we are trying to raise funds to help with costs at this very difficult time.

would ask Mr Carl to use his new section and we could list the parts in one post.

Then we could pick a night and maybe try an online live thread kinda auction thing.

would encourage the forum to come together as one and try and beat the record users online total in memory of the big man.

Any thoughts?
Everything good is bad
Everything bad is good
grumpyfrog

Post by grumpyfrog »

Sounds like a plan.
I know there's a few things he had tucked away that I would be interested in.
Don't hassle me
I'll get there at some time
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

I wish I was closer so able to lend a hand. Well done Ziggy on taking on this task. I think you will find that most of it is all ready in bits and ready for sale. You will need to board up your trailer to hold stuff. Either that or box it all and strap them on the trailer.

The white fairings sold back in December

Just to give you an idea.
by benny hedges » Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:51 pm
EDITED LIST WITH WHAT'S LEFT.
some stuff ive put on eby but if its for someone off here i may be persuaded to do deals lol!

fairings and plastic sold sorry :)

std mirrors - good nick - (£20 the pair)
standard silver belly wotsit
good clean oil cooler with shiny standard hoses / pipes
water pump
std r/r
std ecu / icm & cdi (2 sets)
stator
sprag clutch assy & gear (£20)
front cyl head (£70)
rear cyl head (£40)
f&r cam covers (powder coat / polish them for bling value?
starter motor (£30)
lh gen casing
fan assy complete
std cams (suitable for regrind or to run 2x exhaust cams mod) £30 set of 4, nice cheap perf boost!
crank rods & pistons
speedo - 20 odd k miles
front brake mc & res[/b]

pls note - a few have inboxed on fb asking for wheels / discs etc..... i am not breaking the bike, just offloading the parts i dont need and splitting a spare engine.
(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Sounds good in theory Jazz and I like the thought behind it. But my concern is that it will be quite complicated to run an online auction and TBH I'm not sure we could get that many members online at the same time. Then when/if that many members where online it may slow bandwidth down to stupid speeds. Defo stay away from eBay though.

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
adyf

Post by adyf »

Ziggy if you want we can take my transit , be easier just need to ok it with his family etc ,also I own several secure buildings in Selby (our worshops and stores) would be happy to put stuff there till you and me can send stuff off to winning bidders ,may even deliver some stuff in Yorkshire or meet on borders my Clio van does70mpg so diesel cost only for forum members ,let me know what you all think to this.ady f.
turbo_billy

Post by turbo_billy »

Just a thought but how about this.......
Once Ziggy has been good enough to collect all the parts, compile a list of what is available and then put a new post up on the forum for one week. Then let everyone who is interested make a "sealed" bid via PM and exactly one week after the post, highest offer takes the item. This would give infrequent visitors a chance to "bid" and everyone would ultimately bid the maximum that they could afford.
Like I said, just a thought.
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

turbo_billy wrote:Just a thought but how about this.......
Once Ziggy has been good enough to collect all the parts, compile a list of what is available and then put a new post up on the forum for one week. Then let everyone who is interested make a "sealed" bid via PM and exactly one week after the post, highest offer takes the item. This would give infrequent visitors a chance to "bid" and everyone would ultimately bid the maximum that they could afford.
Like I said, just a thought.
sound best :thumbup: