Benny's Funeral

General Biker Banter
Miztaziggy

Benny's Funeral

Post by Miztaziggy »

Just got off the phone to Darren from NWB and the funeral is next Friday at 10am in Warrington.

Bikes are welcome. Ill be there on mine.

We need 1 volunteer pall-bearer from this forum to come forward please.
tony.mon

Re: Benny's Funeral

Post by tony.mon »

I'll take that role, gladly, if that's ok with everyone?
Happy to give the place to someone else, though.

I'll need to check that I can take the day off, and if ok (should be) will come up Thursday evening. EDIT* checked, and day off Fri is ok, I'll come up Thurs evening.
Last edited by tony.mon on Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
Miztaziggy

Post by Miztaziggy »

tony.mon wrote:I'll take that role, gladly, if that's ok with everyone?

I'll need to check that I can take the day off, and if ok (should be) will come up Thursday evening.
Thanks Tony.

We may need 2 volunteers depending on one of the guys from NWB, so anyone want to stand by in reserve?
grumpyfrog

Post by grumpyfrog »

I'd just like to say I'm very impressed with the way everyone on here has been stepping up for Martin and his family.
a massive respect to you Tony for doing this, I can't make it but will be taking time out on Friday for some quite reflection.

keep the good thoughts burning bright.
Don't hassle me
I'll get there at some time
playerone

Post by playerone »

Gutted, but had a feeling this would happen, fly out with my daughter on the wed so will miss the funeral :(
Nice one Tony for stepping forward, although to me at least, it seems somewhat fitting that it is you that represents the forum for that sad duty.
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

I bet benny/martin will be looking down and thinking, hahaha tony might have beat me on the drag strip, but now you have to carry me........ :lol: :lol: :lol:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

A huge thank you to Agent Pineapple for the loan of his bike, after all he knows what I've done to mine, so he's a brave man!

Anyone else heading up Thursday PM?
It would be good to ride up with another bike or two.
Miztaziggy

Post by Miztaziggy »

tony.mon wrote:A huge thank you to Agent Pineapple for the loan of his bike, after all he knows what I've done to mine, so he's a brave man!

Tony are you going to call over this end on Thursday to pick up parts?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

[quote="tony.mon"]A huge thank you to Agent Pineapple for the loan of his bike, after all he knows what I've done to mine, so he's a brave man! quote]

no worries dude, glad I could help, it'll be the first time the bikes been fully opened up since the timing was done, let me know how the bike performs, but don't call me if it breaks down........ :lol: :lol: :lol:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Miztaziggy wrote:
tony.mon wrote:A huge thank you to Agent Pineapple for the loan of his bike, after all he knows what I've done to mine, so he's a brave man!

Tony are you going to call over this end on Thursday to pick up parts?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2
If it's not too far from CheekyKev's, can you PM me your address?
Otherwise, if you can get them out I can just drop them in my rucksack on the day.
Watty

Post by Watty »

grumpyfrog wrote:I'd just like to say I'm very impressed with the way everyone on here has been stepping up for Martin and his family.
a massive respect to you Tony for doing this, I can't make it but will be taking time out on Friday for some quite reflection.

keep the good thoughts burning bright.
+1
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!
Anotherbikerbabe

Post by Anotherbikerbabe »

I'm only sorry we can't make it but I'm pleased I have tried so hard to pass on money donations/address for cards, paypal details to god knows how many folk over last cpl of days but pleased to have helped in such a small way. I've been messaging folk left right and centre on FB and keeping as many up to date as possible as it is the least I can do. It hit me hard Monday, took me 2 days to come down from the shock and take it in 8O . I found myself crying :cry: and laughing at the same time last night reading out some of Martins antics from posts on the NWBs forum as he was a very similar in character to my hubby in as much as he would help anyone and put himself out but had a wicked sense of humour and always up for a laugh.. :biggrin

I know for a fact, if I were there,I'd not be able stop the tears from streaming down my face and I'm sure it will be a very emotional day for all who attend and I'm so pleased we all show our support and help to the family on the day and beyond.God bless everyone who has helped and rallied around in any way shape or form. Times are tight but we have all pulled out the stops and it just goes to show how very popular Martin was. It will take a long time to get over his passing and leave a huge void on the forum...

May god be with each and every one of you on the day and I'm sure you will do him proud. Give it some Welly and let rip on the trottle and make some noise! May god go with you Martin and keep you wrapped in his eternal tarmac blanket in the sky, let the road never end and the skies remain blue for all Eternity... miss you man.. :angel:

IF Martin could speak to us now, I think he'd say something like this:
Will have a drink or 3 for you on the day and some time to reflect in private on some of the funny stuff you came out with and the way you always blew life into any dreary conversation and turned it on it's head :lol: :lol: .... RIP Mate, sleep tight and watch over us please as we ride the wide open spaces..

Tracy & Dave

p.s those bloody diaphragms never did turn up!! Well, I nearly managed to read it all back without breaking down as I read it out to Dave......
Silly boys...Women do have balls....We just wear them higher up!
Jazzscot

Post by Jazzscot »

Miztaziggy wrote:
tony.mon wrote:I'll take that role, gladly, if that's ok with everyone?

I'll need to check that I can take the day off, and if ok (should be) will come up Thursday evening.
Thanks Tony.

We may need 2 volunteers depending on one of the guys from NWB, so anyone want to stand by in reserve?

It turns out that we definitely do need another forum member to step forward to join Tony as Pall bearer.

Jazz
Everything good is bad
Everything bad is good
banksy

Post by banksy »

2nd of August at 10am St Michaels Church Burtonwood nr Warrington.
All bikes welcome and encouraged.
St Helens crematorium for 11am then back to the Catholic club at Burtonwood for the wake.

Lets give Martin a good send off and show his family how much he was loved.

See you all there
seb421

Post by seb421 »

I will be attending, sorry not been on here for a few days to catch up with posts

i only met Martin a few times but sent countless PM's over the years, spoke on the phone when i needed technical help, and and played xbox with him but would very much like the opportunity to say a goodbye to him as he was a fantastic friend to all,

truly gutted i didn't get to see him at oulton park last time in may as he was on the other side of the track by the tents and racing was underway when i rang him s just plonked myself where i could

What is appropriate to wear to the funeral? are leathers ok if i put a black jumper and plants over the top when we get there?

Thanks all and thanks image for the text alerting me on the funeral arrangements :thumbup:
ヨシムラ

MOT - 10/04/2015
TAX - 30/11/14
INSURANCE - MCE - Expires 12/04/2015 (Midnight)
ACCIDENT CALL - 0871 2227910
RAC - 0800 1977830 - 03_MCECAB90013033