hot as hell

General Biker Banter
agentpineapple

hot as hell

Post by agentpineapple »

I've just finished working thru the afternoon, the temps are 36 in the shade, in the sun its nearer to 50.
i'm toast and its beer time me thinks....... :D :beer:
I hear its going to warm in blighty over the next couple of days. well I've been in catalunya for 20 days and everyday has been blue sky's and 30+ degree's, which is great if your on holiday. if only I had my bike over here, then the fun would really begin...... :thumbup:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
leevtr

Re: hot as hell

Post by leevtr »

agentpineapple wrote:I've just finished working thru the afternoon, the temps are 36 in the shade, in the sun its nearer to 50.
i'm toast and its beer time me thinks....... :D :beer:
I hear its going to warm in blighty over the next couple of days. well I've been in catalunya for 20 days and everyday has been blue sky's and 30+ degree's, which is great if your on holiday. if only I had my bike over here, then the fun would really begin...... :thumbup:
Yeah. you could find a city and ride around it at night :lol: :lol:
" It was 2 minutes 5 minutes ago "
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

been there done that, although we might be doing it again in the near future, your welcome to join us mr grumpy.... :wink:
tbh it would be early morning or late night rides over here, it would be to hot during the daytime.
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Toasted Pineapple. :roll:

You can bring a few more degrees over here if you like. Not 50 though as that is a bit too unbearable but 40 would be perfect if a dry heat.

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
Steve6088

Post by Steve6088 »

I was over in Spain this time last year on the Storm. Riding in the middle of the day was hard work in full leathers. Thought I was going to die near pamplona. Was great near the pyrenees though, where it was a fair bit cooler.

You'd have to be mad to be out working in that heat! 8O Rather you than me :lol:
Stratman

Post by Stratman »

Steve6088 wrote:I was over in Spain this time last year on the Storm. Riding in the middle of the day was hard work in full leathers. Thought I was going to die near pamplona. Was great near the pyrenees though, where it was a fair bit cooler.

You'd have to be mad to be out working in that heat! 8O Rather you than me :lol:
I was in the Pyrenees last June too and it was really hot. I have a mesh airjacket with armour which I wore which was really welcome.
Two bikes, still only four cylinders!

leevtr

Post by leevtr »

agentpineapple wrote:been there done that, although we might be doing it again in the near future, your welcome to join us mr grumpy.... :wink:
tbh it would be early morning or late night rides over here, it would be to hot during the daytime.
:lol: :lol: :lol: I have no idea what you mean !!

City riding I don't find a pleasure, sometimes a necessary evil, but not through choice. Big bikes are meant for the open road.
" It was 2 minutes 5 minutes ago "
BigVeeGrin

Post by BigVeeGrin »

cybercarl wrote:Toasted Pineapple. :roll:

Caramelised agent - all sweet, sticky and brown at the edges.

Just seen Shanghai has had 25 days of +35° Temps. Hottest in 140 years, makes you yearn for spring lol
darkember

Post by darkember »

BigVeeGrin wrote:
cybercarl wrote:Toasted Pineapple. :roll:

Caramelised agent - all sweet, sticky and brown at the edges.

Just seen Shanghai has had 25 days of +35° Temps. Hottest in 140 years, makes you yearn for spring lol
Plus 100% humidity absolutely horrible you cannot sweat properly, at least in Spain its a dry heat
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

That;s the issue I have with the heat in this country, horrible muggy sweaty heat and I turn into a tap. When it's a dry heat it's lovely, give me more.

agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

I always laugh at the English weather report in the height of summer, oooh it going to be an uncomfortable night with temperatures of 17/18 degree's......FFS.....over here it's 30 degree's at night time... :eek2 :eek2 :eek2
oh well back to blighty next week, i'm sure it'll be pissing down.... :lol:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

British holidaymakers heading to Spain are being warned to take extra care as the country prepares to be hit by a killer heat wave.
Scorching winds from Saharan Africa with temperatures of 43C are forecast to sweep across the country from tomorrow and are expected to last for a week.
The worst affected areas will be Andalucia and Murciain in southern Spain, but even the normally cooler areas of the north will have temperatures of at least 38 C in the shade.
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

In the newsagent this morning I reached my hand out for a newspaper, and it to my surprise was as hot as the surface of the Sun!

Beat that, semi-colonial Pie and Apple person...
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

In the newsagent this morning I reached my hand out for a newspaper, and it to my surprise was as hot as the surface of the Sun!
:lol: :lol:

We shall be getting the tail end of that heatwave then. :Dancing:

lloydie

Post by lloydie »

It's been raining here of and on all day :-(
I wouldn't mind a few months in the sun