Any 1 had a cbr 1100 blackbird before

General Bike chat
ernie234

Any 1 had a cbr 1100 blackbird before

Post by ernie234 »

has anyone on here had a blackbird before and if so what are they like 4 handleing etc.
Miztaziggy

Re: Any 1 had a cbr 1100 blackbird before

Post by Miztaziggy »

I haven't ridden one, but I am thinking of getting one.

My mate had one on our france trip. I was on an R1. We got really bored in the North of France on the straight roads, so did some drag racing, racing from 60mph upwards in 6th gear, 5th gear, 4th gear etc etc. I pretty much all the tests, his Blackbird beat my R1. It did especially well in the roll on tests as it's really torquey. The only thing it didn't seem to beat the R1 on was the standing start race.

When we got to the South of France and the Alps it seemed to handle really well, even with full hard luggage racks on. He kept up easily through the tight twisty sections.

The only issue he had was it was heavy and he dropped it on the Champs Elysee as he was up on a kerb and the drop to the LHS was slightly longer than usual. Once it tipped past a few degrees, it was impossible to hold up.
MJONESY

Post by MJONESY »

I rode my brothers old one a few times, i hated it if im honest, it was just to good at everything you chucked at it and did it all effortlessly, it was the most souless and uninspiring bike i have ridden, i suppose if you want a bike that will keep up with the majority on a Sunday blast then ride through rush hour traffic in comfort on a Monday morning then bugger off for a week touring then its probably the bike for you.
callam_nffc

Post by callam_nffc »

I must admit they dont appeal to me one bit, they look unbelievably boring too imo
CBR125 - XJ600S DIVERSION - YZF600R THUNDERCAT - VTR1000 FIRESTORM
I still crave a supermoto...