Next weekends big ride out

General Biker Banter
Gazfirestormowner

Next weekends big ride out

Post by Gazfirestormowner »

Ok so next weekend I'm doing the Yorkshire 3peaks challenge which is walking 25ish miles up three mountains in less than 12 hours.
It's also my nieces birthday which means the misses needs the car so she can travel back up north (Stockton)so she can take the kids to my nieces party.
Now as we live in the midlands it means I have to take my bike up to Yorkshire to do the challenge which is a damn shame because that means the day after the challenge I get to take the bike from ingleton to Stockton which takes me right across Yorkshire.
I think my route will take me through hawes, Leyburn, Richmond, Darlington and then on to Stockton.
I'm looking forward to the challenge but even more so to doing about 450miles on the bike in 1weekend.
firestorm1997

Re: Next weekends big ride out

Post by firestorm1997 »

Good luck with the Three Peaks Challenge, Not sure about the ride back after though. I did Ben Nevis two years ago and was a stiff as a board the following day but was returning home on the train. God knows how your feel after doing the three. 8O
Gazfirestormowner

Re: Next weekends big ride out

Post by Gazfirestormowner »

Should be ok riding up on the Friday challenge Saturday ride to Stockton Sunday and back to rugby Monday if I'm aching ill leave the bike at my old dears and drive back with the misses on the Monday. Don't think these mountains are as big as Ben Nevis though or at least I hope their not lol.