Duffy's Streetfighter Project

Show off your bike, modifications or projects and share them with the world.
VTRDark

Re: Duffy's Streetfighter Project

Post by VTRDark »

That is coming along. :clap: :clap:

This one mate....

Note the smaller piece to the front right where the throttle cables run through and the front breather pipe on the left. Slide the front end of the tray into the frame (it slots in place), push down around the carb inlet rubber and secure with the two plastic trim clips. :plainsmile

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

lloydie wrote:Image
For ap

Lube, no lube, it's your choice .
that's better, but I need to see the rest of them, god knows why I can't see them, thanks for the pic lloydie, it's looking real good duffers... :thumbup:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Looking much better, mate, but you have to get a bit'o paint on the cam covers.....

Some nice heat-resistant carbon dip would be fun.
Or orange, as its a sf.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

gotta love the twin rear caliper setup..... :lol: :lol: :lol:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Duffy1964

Post by Duffy1964 »

Cheers guys :thumbup:

Carlos thanks for the photo will fit that soon :thumbup:

Tony, I have two cam covers in the process of being painted gloss black, I wasn't really happy with the first attempt :thumbdown:

Marty, I'm waiting for a new rear brake line, the other one is still connected till it arrives :thumbup:

Still a way to go and the hard bits to do like find a front fitting rad that won't fail the Blade forks, lower the oil cooler so it won't fail the belly pan I have and decide which graphics I go for to break up the Electric Orange body work which is yet to be painted :crazy:
Duffy1964
Yellow 1997 Storm R.I.P. Orange 2000 Streetfighter (Rufus), Red & Silver 1968 Triumph Trophy 650, Blue 2003 Storm Project, Red 2007 Montesa Cota Trials 250 & 1959 BSA D7 175cc Bantam Trials Project
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

with the bars in that position, it looks like it's going to be a wheelie monster.... :thumbup:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Duffy1964

Post by Duffy1964 »

That was what I was hoping :thumbup:
Duffy1964
Yellow 1997 Storm R.I.P. Orange 2000 Streetfighter (Rufus), Red & Silver 1968 Triumph Trophy 650, Blue 2003 Storm Project, Red 2007 Montesa Cota Trials 250 & 1959 BSA D7 175cc Bantam Trials Project
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

this guy on ebay looks like he used a sp1 oil cooler and a single rad conversion....
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Honda-VTR-Fir ... 6016.l4276
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Duffy1964

Post by Duffy1964 »

Cheers Marty, listing says it's a KTM rad, but it has thinner standard forks and mine is a blade front end which may hit the rad due to being thicker.

I need to see one that's been done to have a measure up before just buying a rad :thumbup:
Duffy1964
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Re rads, I met a guy building one the other day, I just msg him as to what hes doing with rads, heres what he came back with...

''I'm using the right side original with no fan on the back i`m gonna put a couple of pc fans on the front and a manual switch ....but i`ve heard that the sv 650/1000 rad is not a bad fit so i may change if the bike wont cope..''

He has KTM forks on it IIRC.
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Or get one made- Aaron Rads are pretty good and will sort you out.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

tony.mon wrote:Or get one made- Aaron Rads are pretty good and will sort you out.
I agree with tony on this, a modern rad has to be better than a storm rad that was designed 20yrs ago, plus you get to decide it's dimensions... :thumbup:
your biggest question has to be, to fan or not to fan?
but seen as you have chunkier forks, I reckon you'll struggle to get a rad+fan to fit. I like the sp1 oil cooler fitted to the bike on ebay, it makes sense to have a bigger oil cooler if the rad has no fan, every little helps.....as Tesco's like to say...... :lol:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
templ8

Post by templ8 »

agentpineapple wrote:this guy on ebay looks like he used a sp1 oil cooler and a single rad conversion....
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Honda-VTR-Fir ... 6016.l4276
Wouldn't have thought that'd be a good place to fit the oil cooler, more of an oil heater at low speeds with it right over the downpipe.
Duffy1964

Post by Duffy1964 »

MacV2 wrote:Re rads, I met a guy building one the other day, I just msg him as to what hes doing with rads, heres what he came back with...

''I'm using the right side original with no fan on the back i`m gonna put a couple of pc fans on the front and a manual switch ....but i`ve heard that the sv 650/1000 rad is not a bad fit so i may change if the bike wont cope..''

He has KTM forks on it IIRC.
Thanks Mac, I plan to offer up a SV rad if I get chance just need to find a spare that someone will lend me :thumbup:

Thanks Tony, I know Aaron rads have a good reputation so I have a plan b (isn't he a rapper) ok a plan c :thumbup:
Duffy1964
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Met up with Brian again today who is doing the SF with KTM forks...Took some pics of the oil cooler position & fitting for you.

Its a CBR1000f Oil Cooler 4 row, basically he has fitted it upside down with the top now bottom mounts fitting directly to the starter motor, fabbed up & welded a bracket the bottom now the top which bolts to the engine. The oil lines are std ones chopped down & fitted on to a short length of flexi hose...which he did himself BTW.

Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...