Jamie :wave:
lloydie

Re: Bike Barn for sale

Post by lloydie »

Sustained
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

I go away for 10mins and look what happens :lol: It's only guidelines not an official rule the first come fist served so it's down to the seller I'm afraid. And no that is not a cop-out as I am only a mediator if there are any issues.

It's also states in the guidelines for anyone that is serious about making a purchase to PM the seller. It was a fair enquiry to ask for a photo, I know it not always possible but this just goes to show the importance for photos when selling an item.

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
macdee

Post by macdee »

i don't no if this helps
the was a agentpineapple lookalike on my job today and he never mentioned anything about a bike-barn :thumbup:
told you not to but oh no you knew better
leevtr

Post by leevtr »

cybercarl wrote:I go away for 10mins and look what happens :lol: It's only guidelines not an official rule the first come fist served so it's down to the seller I'm afraid. And no that is not a cop-out as I am only a mediator if there are any issues.

It's also states in the guidelines for anyone that is serious about making a purchase to PM the seller. It was a fair enquiry to ask for a photo, I know it not always possible but this just goes to show the importance for photos when selling an item.

You got splinters in your butt Carl ?? :lol:
" It was 2 minutes 5 minutes ago "
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Not fussed if over ruled- it looks a good idea for putting over customer's bikes if they're left with me overnight, as I'v got builders next door putting a house up, and there's never enough room in the garage to store bikes and leave enough space to work on them.

They're up for 79.95 on ebay new, but as this one's only local to me I can collect easily.

So it seemed like a good purchase.
However I've seen lots of requests for info that come to nothing- there's a member on here mentioning some Yishi cams that doesn't respond to requests for info, so would I be able to claim first call on them if he decides to sell them to someone else?

Seems to me that an offer to purchase is one thing, interest is another.
I've been interested in the price and condition of two sets of forks recently, but haven't (yet) gone through with either purchase.
if the fact I'd enquired means that i now have bought them, I'd end up with two sets.

Sorry. Marty- no intention to offend- give me a call and we'll sort it out.

If I wasn't so lazy I'd make one anyway......
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
Animal

Post by Animal »

Just to clear one thing up, its not one of the bike barns as listed on ebay for £80.
Mine for sale is a genuine Bike Barn as listed here https://secure.mosaicinternet.com/bikeb ... erform.cfm for 330 euros (£278)
These are not advertised on ebay.

Cheers

PS Sorry if it seems I have the hump its because I have, been pissed about selling our house and buying another.
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Not fussed if over ruled
It wont because it's not a rule. It's only a guideline which we tend do to keep some order. A bit like queuing up. It's up to the seller at the end of the day who they want to do business with. Animal might have the Pineapple on his Blacklist so can't see his posts for all we know. :lol:

Maybe the guideline needs clearing up from first come first served to calling out diibs to avoid future confusion from interest to I want. I shall have to have a think about re-wording that. :think:

MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

cybercarl wrote:
Not fussed if over ruled
It wont because it's not a rule. It's only a guideline which we tend do to keep some order. A bit like queuing up. It's up to the seller at the end of the day who they want to do business with. Animal might have the Pineapple on his Blacklist so can't see his posts for all we know. :lol:

Maybe the guideline needs clearing up from first come first served to calling out diibs to avoid future confusion from interest to I want. I shall have to have a think about re-wording that. :think:

A sale's a sale at the end of the day as opposed to a sail which isnt... :?
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

storm in a tea cup guys, as tony has helped pretty much all of us out at some time or other, i'm happy the bike barns going to a good home... :thumbup:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Sorted amicably.
I've sold it to AP for £100.

that should get a comment or two, AP.....
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
Virt

Post by Virt »

cybercarl wrote: A bit like queuing up.

So.. You've never filtered in your life? I don't think queues apply very well on a biking forum :lol: :lol:
Slowly approaching the more bikes than birthdays achievement
Duffy1964

Post by Duffy1964 »

They do if you live in POOLe :lol: :lol: :lol:
Duffy1964
Yellow 1997 Storm R.I.P. Orange 2000 Streetfighter (Rufus), Red & Silver 1968 Triumph Trophy 650, Blue 2003 Storm Project, Red 2007 Montesa Cota Trials 250 & 1959 BSA D7 175cc Bantam Trials Project
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

So.. You've never filtered in your life? I don't think queues apply very well on a biking forum :lol: :lol:
You have a very good point there YMV.