New bike

General Biker Banter
StormingHonda

New bike

Post by StormingHonda »

Finally got fed up of the Harley, its to big and slow and the footpegs are too far forward for me to reach properly, thus at high speed my feet fly off them, I could have bought mid pegs ect, but I just didnt feel this bike was worth spending money and time on to get it nice and how I wanted it, I like EVos I really do, but they just dont do the job for me, I really cant be riding a bike that has the engine of a family car and the performance of a 250. I am planning to buy a V rod once I can get the house decorated, I really like these as they have good perfomance and the Harley badge which I love on the side, however I exchanged the Harley and got this, plus some cash my way :D

lloydie

Re: New bike

Post by lloydie »

A naked blackbird !!

Nice and it has to be an improvement over the Harley even tho it's cough cough y....w
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

I've always liked the look of the x11, they never got very good reviews tho...
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Fireman on a Storm

Post by Fireman on a Storm »

I used to use one of these at at a bike school I used to teach for. A lot of bike for the money. Very underrated .
Watch out for the linked brakes. If you lock the front and release it but keep your foot on the back brake the front can remain locked.
StormingHonda

Post by StormingHonda »

agentpineapple wrote:I've always liked the look of the x11, they never got very good reviews tho...
The problem with the British bike press is that they have to niggle at everything, they find faults were they have no, for instance these got a slagging off for being to powerful, but when Honda brought out the Hornet 900 they ( rightly ) got slagged off for being underpowered.

I think the biggest bane of this bike is the linked brakes ( as Fireman pointed out ) and the looks, but to be honest I like the looks, Also the press moaned about wind protection but theres plenty of screens on the market, I've been hankering after one of these since April, I was going to go and get a loan and buy a blue one, but I didnt want a loan.

I know its easy to be a little biased when you own a bike but this bike has not failed to deliver its a big brutish bike, that even shorties can ride, alright its a little less forgiving round slow bends than the Hornet but its no where as near as bad as the press makes out.
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Agree with that; I considered one a while back.
If they'd just stuck the Blackbird engine in and left it alone except for the gearing I would have, that's what it needs....
Wait til you get bored with the power and buy yourself a written-off BB for a few hundred; swap the motor over, and enjoy trying to hang on to it\ :thumbup:
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
Fireman on a Storm

Post by Fireman on a Storm »

StormingHonda wrote:
agentpineapple wrote:I've always liked the look of the x11, they never got very good reviews tho...
alright its a little less forgiving round slow bends than the Hornet but its no where as near as bad as the press makes out.
Easy answer is with the power it has don't go slow!