turn signal relay / flasher unit

General Bike chat
saint gaz

turn signal relay / flasher unit

Post by saint gaz »

Coming home from work last night I noticed the indicators wouldn't work, so as it was nearly midnight I just gave the switch a good dose of WD40, thinking that any crap or water in there would flush out over night.

But this morning it was still the same, so obvious choice next on the list was the fuse. Blown. All sorted I thought.

Indicators, horn and brake lights all work, but when I cancel my indicators I can hear what I presume to be the flasher unit clicking at a really fast rate.

Have any of you had similar problems and is it a case or just replacing the "turn signal relay".
Ckennedy

Re: turn signal relay / flasher unit

Post by Ckennedy »

Mine has done that a couple of times but only when its damp. I would say its the relay. Chances are its the original one. Have a look at the terminals on the relay assembly, clean if you need to. If that doesn't work I'd say look into replacing it.
horndog

Re: turn signal relay / flasher unit

Post by horndog »

Mine did exactly this today, i rode it in the wet the other day, the starter relay is ticking away as soon as i turn the bike on, indicstors work when they want, did yours sort themselves out once dried out?