Mirror polished Swingarm and Frame

Show off your bike, modifications or projects and share them with the world.
Anotherbikerbabe

Mirror polished Swingarm and Frame

Post by Anotherbikerbabe »

It's coming along nicely now, hubby had folk sending their swing Arms to him to be done on either a normal price or a reduced price for trade in!

You can literally see your face in mine, it's not for everybody so just in case someone says "It's a bit blingy for me" It is each to their own, I personally like my bike looking like this. The 'Black one' was Benny's (RIP) I bought in the Auction after his passing, then the real mirror polish finish is the SAME one done, it is then sat next to mine after hubby took mine off to swap them over and by god, I thought mine was 'clean' ... This way, Benny will travel everywhere with me ;-) 8)

Bennys old black one..

Then afterwards:

Then 'Biscuit gets in on the action'

Then side by side with my own ( which I didn't think was too dirty!)and you can even see the grooves from the bench right through that mirror shine!

Start of my Frame:

Bit later:

Then some more:

My New plate is on but for now I have to wait until all polishing is finished:

it's getting there and is currently in the garage having a once over as there are 3 Swing arms waiting to be done ;-) it's getting there slowly but surely and takes time and patience and hubby has been great, when it's all done, and back together,( as he put it back together for me after I had my wheels powder coated so I could take a photo). Hubby is doing a fab job, big pat on the back :beer: When he puts it all back together, i'll repost. I now have
my own T31 VTR plate bought for me for Christmas as my Birthday is Jan 31st and well, T66 would show my age lol :oops: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by Anotherbikerbabe on Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Silly boys...Women do have balls....We just wear them higher up!
lloydie

Re: Mirror polished Swingarm and Frame

Post by lloydie »

Looks great . He is doing a great job getting a shine like that :clap: .

Imagey old blade had a polished frame and swing arm and I do like the look and if you use the right products up keep is easy too .
I'm thinking of polishing the track bike but I think I will get done power tools to do it :-( .
Tam Cunningham

Post by Tam Cunningham »

Can I ask how you are doing the polishing up?

My frames pretty polished at the minute however there is that cross section on it still matt and also the swing arm is rather dull too on mine
darkember

Post by darkember »

What grades did you start with to do that rough section on the frame??
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

It must be true love doing all that work for you Tracy :) I know how much work and time is involved doing a project like that, plus it's a dirty job to boot.

It's looking great, well done to your Hubby :clap: :clap: top job :thumbup:

Chris.
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Looks fantastic....you will be able to do your make up wherever you go now. :wink: :lol:

You shall have a very special VTR to ride around on shortly. Lovin the number plate as well.

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
Anotherbikerbabe

Tam Cunningham wrote:Can I ask how you are doing the polishing up? 7-8 different grades of discs+ air tools ( A MUST) and lots and lots of time + patience!

My frames pretty polished at the minute however there is that cross section on it still matt and also the swing arm is rather dull too on mine
lloydie wrote:Looks great . He is doing a great job getting a shine like that :clap: .

Imagey old blade had a polished frame and swing arm and I do like the look and if you use the right products up keep is easy too .
I'm thinking of polishing the track bike but I think I will get done power tools to do it :-( .
Hubby does it all using power tools :-) god it would take far too long by hand! Takes long enough using the power tools!! :thumbup:
Anotherbikerbabe

Thanks guys, it is coming along nicely, not to mention he stripped the forks back and repainted them, hand the 'Nissi' on the callipers in 'gold' for me and has made some new hangers and painted them red as my cans weren't sat right due to the pipes on there so he's managed to jiggy news ones he made ( I bought him a 6 Ton Press and a Hydraulic Bike Lift as a thank you and his b'day pressy in one) so cans look much closer to the fairing now and he's going to drop my plate maybe 1" max so he can fit my arrows under the cans as I have a built in Rear Brake Unit with built in indis as on my old VTR but some people couldn't see my indicator so belt and braces, arrows will go under the cans. Fair play to Hubby, he's doing a cracking job. He's already started on his own swing arm as I want him to get both bikes finished in time for nice weather coming. Think he's gonna mirror polish his wheels rims and see what it looks like, he's thinking of mirror polishing his forks because when he was stripping mine right back from priming, he almost got carried away and kept going to the mirror bit lol... So next photos will be finished job n cans moved up a bit with new hangers etc. Can't wait to get it washed and polished ha ha

But they look lovely all newly painted and my new lid and new Gold Visor match my Wheels /bike lovely.. lol.. Treated myself to a new Qwest Blood flow for my b'day friday coming. WHEN, he's all done, will post up the end result!

New Lid:

Had to buy a Gold Visor as old Visors don't fit the Qwest!

Forks all lovely and shiny clean: God knows HOW he managed to hand paint the lettering with his MASSIVE man hands!! He said I would have 'smudged it'

Wheels turned out a lovely powdered colour in finish. Need to get the wavy discs on at weekend...JUST bought Geoffs WAVY'S discs! So they have to go on yet!

I invested in some Carbon covers both sides to give it a bit more of a finished look
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

You need a white belly pan to go with that bike! so swap! (pls)
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!
Watty

Post by Watty »

Bike looking lovely :thumbup: but I miss those little Manx stickers you took off :?
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

so swap! (pls)
LLOYD :lol: :lol:

Paul IMO that would suit your bike perfect with it being Red and White. The White would really tie in to the rest of your bike. Also I think that style, I think it's a Pyramid! would be better for you. I have the powerbronze and you can't check the oil level without removing it unless you put a hole in the fairing like I have.

==============================Enter the Darkside
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

bigtwinthing wrote:You need a white belly pan to go with that bike! so swap! (pls)
:-( :cry:
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

Thats the one aim after. Mines ok just too pointy!!! if that makes sense.
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!
Anotherbikerbabe

cybercarl wrote:
so swap! (pls)

Paul IMO that would suit your bike perfect with it being Red and White. The White would really tie in to the rest of your bike. Also I think that style, I think it's a Pyramid! ( It is Pyramid Yes, same as one on my old Yellow VTR)would be better for you. I have the powerbronze and you can't check the oil level without removing it unless you put a hole in the fairing like I have.

Anotherbikerbabe

cybercarl wrote:
so swap! (pls)

Paul IMO that would suit your bike perfect with it being Red and White. The White would really tie in to the rest of your bike. Also I think that style, I think it's a Pyramid! would be better for you. I have the powerbronze and you can't check the oil level without removing it unless you put a hole in the fairing like I have. That's a lovely shine on there, mine is similar and it is nigh on impossible to get that finish without the power tools and tons of dics and patience.I will post up when done but by god I hope that isn't a scratch I see!!!!! Those Carbon covers would really set your bike off Carl.. Paul, I just bagged a Pyramid Bellypan on Ebay for £110 after knocking him down for another member last week!)