Front Brake Pads

Moderator: VTRDark

Z28DUNC

Front Brake Pads

Post by Z28DUNC »

Good day gentlemen/women,

Anyone got any good pads knocking around that they want to flog?

Alternatively can you recommend some for sale?

Cheers, Dunc
lloydie

Re: Front Brake Pads

Post by lloydie »

Get brembos not cheap but one of the best
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

It depends what your needs are. I found that the original Honda pads last very well, and if your calipers are working properly are not a bad brake. If you're looking for performance over longevity then go for the Brembo's as Lloydie recommended.

Chris.
Z28DUNC

Post by Z28DUNC »

Thanks for the advice guys. Wheres the best place to get the Brembo pads from?
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

I don't think I will be buying any more Brembo's. Yes they are some of the best feeling pads I have had with great stopping power but they don't have much pad material on them. The material does last a long time but as soon as they start to wear you end up getting more lever travel as if they are worn. No matter how many times I bled the brakes I could never get a firm lever with little travel. I have since changed the pads (cheapie cheerfulls for now) with the normal amount of pad material on them, bled the brakes and my lever is back. The Brembo's shockingly still had about 40% pad material left on them, not that I could see that with the callipers mounted on the bike which is no good for doing a quick visual check to see if your getting close to the wear limit/metal or for MOT inspections.

No such thing as cheap with Brembo's :lol: but the cheapest I found where eBay. Make sure you get the street version which are half the price unless your on track and are able to get the race versions up to temperature.

Not sure which pads I shall get next but most likely will be EBC, Armstrong or Goldren

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
cheekykev

Post by cheekykev »

I'm with search345 For road use there's nothing wrong with the original Honda ones :thumbup:
and that's also what the mechanics at Hunts, my local honda shop recomended to me :D
Like what you do
Do what you like
He who wonders isn't always lost
Xenocide

Post by Xenocide »

I got a brand new (still in packets) set of EBC's in the garage somewhere. I bought them before I decided to upgrade the calipers.

£20? PM me if you want them
'98 VTR (Red - the quickest)
'94 KTM LC4 400e
'69 Land Rover S2 Lightweight
Trowbridge & Surrounding Areas Lawn Mower Servicing & Repairs
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Don't get bendix they are sh1t ! I'm very disappointed in them as they came highly recommended .
Initial bite is good but then crap
Steve6088

Post by Steve6088 »

cheekykev wrote:I'm with search345 For road use there's nothing wrong with the original Honda ones :thumbup:
and that's also what the mechanics at Hunts, my local honda shop recomended to me :D
I wouldn't trust a word of those idiots at hunts!

EBC sintered are my personal choice. Relatively cheap and pretty good. I'm on my third set.