Can't F.....in beleive it Yellow Front Mudguard Y163P

Moderator: VTRDark

parkergb6

Can't F.....in beleive it Yellow Front Mudguard Y163P

Post by parkergb6 »

Can't f.....in beleive it.
I've only had about four trips out on the bike since being taken out last September and on my way home going along a one way street approaching the junction with High Street and Transit van in front when we stop for the junction, or so I think. I about 4-5 feet behind him when he decides to reverse. I have nowhere to go and frantically sound the horn but he reverses over the front wheel smashing the front mudguard and pushes me back. Luckily I didn't fall off and kept the bike upright.

He obviously registered he has hit something stops and drives forward. The meets MR Angry VTR Firestorm owner Geoff Parker aka parkergb6.
An adult conversation ensues with me trying to install the virtues of reversing in a one way street and we eventually exchange details.

As you can imagine the last thing I want to deal with at the minute is an insurance company and it appears that it is just the front mudguard that is smashed as it was a very slow impact and seemed to push the bike back as opposed to bending the forks. I rode the bike home and all seemed fine apart from the mudguard.

So question is does anyone have a Y163P yellow front mudguard for sale etc pretty please...
I sometimes wonder if there is a vendetta against me.
VTRDark

Re: Can't F.....in beleive it Yellow Front Mudguard Y163P

Post by VTRDark »

Jeez how's your luck, sorry to hear that. There's some numpties out there isn't there! I suggest you give the front end a good look over though. I guess it's not worth going through the insurance just for a mudguard because the increase in premiums. :thumbdown:

Good luck with the search.

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Damm Parker I'm not asking you for lotto numbers...

I just bloody sold one about a month ago ! :thumbdown:
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

What about the bike Geoff is breaking? Is that the right colour? Might be worth a message.
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

Kev L wrote:What about the bike Geoff is breaking? Is that the right colour? Might be worth a message.
i think geoff wanted to sell those fairings as a set, but it can't hurt to ask.... :thumbup:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
parkergb6

Post by parkergb6 »

Yep, Luck is not going my way at the minute. To top it off my wifes MINI blew its radiator and I've now got to replace that as well.As you can imagine not going to be cheap. I've also got an Ipad mini to repair and two I-phones for new screens.
Just hoping the forks aren't bent. It felt ok riding it the rest of the way home and they appear fine. I will however take them out of the yolks this weekend and check on a flat surface.

I had messaged Geoff already regards all the fairing with the tank as I wanted to use it on my other storm from my last off. That bike only needed both side panels but in the earlier yellow yp124. However now this has happened need to get this sorted first. The guy wants to try and not use insurance which providing it all goes smoothly won't be a problem.
I have re-messaged him today and hope to hear from him soon as I know he hasn't been well.

So in effect I need a front mudguard in Y136p yellow for this storm and two side panels for the other one in Y124P.
Wonder what shits coming my way next.

Cheers Guys
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

Well if the Mr van driver is responsible then it it's reasonable he gets you a new one from David Silvers. Might be worth getting the front end checked out for straightness after the impact...
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
parkergb6

Post by parkergb6 »

Had a look on David Silvers and they don't list it. However I will send them a message now and see if they can get it.
Cheers
parkergb6

Post by parkergb6 »

Just had a chat with the guy from somerset on the Ebay wants section and agreed a deal proviso to colour check for the fairing fro my first crashed storm. Fingers crossed its the right colour.

Now just to source the mudguard for my 2002 storm.
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Not going through the insurance will benefit both of you as yours would go up from them making the claim. Check that front end out thoroughly asap so you know where you stand. Hope you make contact with him soon and the guy is honest. I wouldn't take pity on some nobody just because they say they are ill though unless it's obvious and he's disabled or something. There's no excuse to delay or drag things out. That's my opinion anyway :lol: I'm not very trustworthy of strangers and you have to watch your back when not going through things officially.
Just had a chat with the guy from somerset on the Ebay wants section
Argh the one Mac posted up.

FYI The mudguards are the same for all years with the exception of colour.

==============================Enter the Darkside
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

http://www.davidsilverspares.co.uk/part ... ber_16161/ > 1 in stock > £49.00

Odd as the link doesn't posted above doesn't resolve to the same page despite URL being the same

If no joy try Lings > http://www.lingshondaparts.com/honda_mo ... ue_M01.php

PFKL714150 FENDER, FR. *Y163P* £74.36

or Netherlands> http://www.cmsnl.com/products/61100mbb0 ... xTIPFxu8mk
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
parkergb6

Post by parkergb6 »

Top Job Wicky lots like problem solved. just got to get the money off the fella after checking the forks are ok.

Thanks gain guys for all your help. Once again Forum comes up tops.

Looks like I owe a few favours on workshop day.
Jamoi

Post by Jamoi »

Hey man, that's some hard luck if I ever saw it :(

I had the same thing happen to me, I'd bought a brand new bike then a week later a van reversed up and on to my front wheel, despite my beeping and revving he didn't realise until I could no longer steady the weight of his transit on my front wheel and fell over sideways! He saw me rolling around behind his van in his mirror :lol:

Still, forks were fine and I just needed to replace mudguard and petrol tank, which he paid for in full.

It's something I always think about now though, when I'm behind a vehicle with limited vision.

Hope you get sorted mate
Jamie :wave:
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

As others said check the forks as they bend easy .
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

cybercarl wrote:Not going through the insurance will benefit both of you as yours would go up from them making the claim. Check that front end out thoroughly asap so you know where you stand. Hope you make contact with him soon and the guy is honest. I wouldn't take pity on some nobody just because they say they are ill though unless it's obvious and he's disabled or something. There's no excuse to delay or drag things out. That's my opinion anyway :lol: I'm not very trustworthy of strangers and you have to watch your back when not going through things officially.
Just had a chat with the guy from somerset on the Ebay wants section
Argh the one Mac posted up.

FYI The mudguards are the same for all years with the exception of colour.

Carl ya numptie your speed reading again...It's Geoff who has been ill not the dosey Transit driver, he's just stupid ! :lol: :lol:
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...