Handlebar risers

General Biker Banter
7057vtr

Handlebar risers

Post by 7057vtr »

I keep reading that the vfr clip on bars are a straight swap for the firestorm I have bought a vfr 800 98 clip on and the locater is in the wrong place. It does fit nicely but I am worried about them moving if I brake hard. Has anyone else used these bars or any advice at what I can do to raise slightly.
Thanks. Steve.
darkember

Re: Handlebar risers

Post by darkember »

Stratman

Post by Stratman »

7057vtr wrote:I keep reading that the vfr clip on bars are a straight swap for the firestorm I have bought a vfr 800 98 clip on and the locater is in the wrong place. It does fit nicely but I am worried about them moving if I brake hard. Has anyone else used these bars or any advice at what I can do to raise slightly.
Thanks. Steve.
They won't move if you brake hard providing you've done them up good and tight. I used to run my standard clip ons at the top of the fork tube for years without them in their locating holes and never had a problem. The VFR bars are an improvement IMHO
Two bikes, still only four cylinders!

Ckennedy

Post by Ckennedy »

If your not happy with them I have a pair of the later module vtr clip one with have less of a downwards slop on them and they made a big improvement. There in the sales section if your interested :thumbup:
7057vtr

Post by 7057vtr »

Thanks so much great advice and will be fitting the clip ONs at the weekend.
7057vtr

Post by 7057vtr »

Fitted today and have made such a difference. Many thanks to all advice. I thought about getting rid but now glad I have kept and asked the question
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Glad it worked out for you mate. The knowledge available on here makes the Storm such an adaptable bike it's suitable for nearly every need. :thumbup:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

7057vtr wrote:Fitted today and have made such a difference. Many thanks to all advice. I thought about getting rid but now glad I have kept and asked the question
your right, But wait till you sit on a storm with Renthals and top yoke mod, "oh joy" make ya feel 20 again. Good luck with the upright position though.
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!
adewhitmarsh

Post by adewhitmarsh »

I have vfr clip ons and I haven't trimmed fairing back, seems ok.
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

bigtwinthing wrote:
7057vtr wrote:Fitted today and have made such a difference. Many thanks to all advice. I thought about getting rid but now glad I have kept and asked the question
your right, But wait till you sit on a storm with Renthals and top yoke mod, "oh joy" make ya feel 20 again. Good luck with the upright position though.
Same here love my big bars