Will Wales take Moto GP from Silverstone?

General Bike chat
sirch345
Site Admin

Will Wales take Moto GP from Silverstone?

Post by sirch345 »

Wonky Donkey

Re: Will Wales take Moto GP from Silverstone?

Post by Wonky Donkey »

I'd very much doubt it - almost every attempt to upgrade or build new tracks in the UK has been a huge disaster unless your name is Palmer. Rockingham was the last half decent attempt but they've had all sorts of bother since. Donington couldn't do it and they had a decent reputation (once pit facilities were improved) and good history in big series. Local tracks regualrly fail too - there's a drag strip-type place at Crail (east coast of Scotland) which has been trying to make a roads circuit for ages but never will (did for one fo the local clubs too).

Now, if we were in some less backward place like Russia, India, China etc. that would be a different matter.

MICK..
'97 VTR1000F Euro import
2003 SV650S cafe fighter
94/97 Ducati 750SS
sirch345
Site Admin

Re: Will Wales take Moto GP from Silverstone?

Post by sirch345 »

It's certainly not looking like it will happen until they have confirmation from Dorna going by that link I posted. It will be interesting to see what happens. A brand new circuit like they are talking about is certainly a big investment.

I had almost forgotten about the Rockingham circuit, that takes me back to the days when I watched (on TV) BSB's race there.

Chris.