copper plate

General Biker Banter
tattoo

copper plate

Post by tattoo »

Is it possible to copper plate the frame and swingarm??
Mav617

Re: copper plate

Post by Mav617 »

I'm sure you could, if you stripped it all right down. Then you'd need to find a suitable company to do the work, and it won't be cheap given copper values, then you'll need to lacquer it well to avoid tarnishing - so why would you bother?
I'm so unlucky that if there is such a thing as re-incarnation I'll come back as me!
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

that motorbike show on TV had one of the project bikes frame done with a copper powder coat, it looked good but he did warn that it might fade
AMcQ
tattoo

Post by tattoo »

AMCQ46 wrote:that motorbike show on TV had one of the project bikes frame done with a copper powder coat, it looked good but he did warn that it might fade
i saw that program al and i didn't like it

everyone's powder coating their frames these days and the copper paint is a ball ache to get right so i'm told,so i thought i'd look into something different like plating

i want to keep the silver tank and bodywork as i have a thing about the colour silver( i'm allergic to gold) and do something with the frame,swinger and forks
edds11

Post by edds11 »

copper coating involves heated acids and a lot of nasty chemicals, I wouldn't want to ride it afterwards, I would imagine it would alter the frames strength quite considerably.