Indicators with high levels

General Biker Banter
bigtwinthing

Indicators with high levels

Post by bigtwinthing »

Hi where has people put there indicators if they have high level cans fitted? i don't have or want an under tray so whats the options pls.
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!
VTRDark

Re: Indicators with high levels

Post by VTRDark »

Not many options unless you want bent stalks. Your best bet is little mini indicators like those Oxford nano's or something.

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
chric

Post by chric »

Never affected mine :problem:
Ill never be a sell out storm forever
Max

Post by Max »

I have Hi level Arts cans, had to fit mini indicators and raise them about an inch or so , so that they could be seen from behind.
Max

agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

I had these on my blue bike with high level scorpions.....http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Flush-mount-i ... 4180645044
but my two brothers hi mounts aren't that high, and still allow me to fit oem indi's... :thumbup:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
nt1980

Post by nt1980 »

When i had high levels on mine i sat them down on the number plate either side worked good i have obviously done away with the high levels now so there back in the normal place :D
1998 black vtr (mods cbr900 fork conversion, ohlins rear shock, ohlins steering damper, prolite discs brembo master cylinder, goodridge braided lines, harris rear sets, Quick shifter,Mario Fairing, etc)
chric

Post by chric »

what year bikes we talking here
Ill never be a sell out storm forever
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

chric wrote:what year bikes we talking here
2001 newer shape.
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

The year of the bike wont make a difference though later models do have slightly smaller standard indicators. It's more down to what cans and what length they are and how they are positioned. Everyone will be different.

==============================Enter the Darkside
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

cybercarl wrote:The year of the bike wont make a difference though later models do have slightly smaller standard indicators. It's more down to what cans and what length they are and how they are positioned. Everyone will be different.

your right, I've tried, old cans with new link pipes,new cans with old link pipes, new cans with new link pipes and old cans with old link pipes.

Still unsure what i prefer. tbh, i rarely use the indicators anyway.
cheekykev

Post by cheekykev »

bigtwinthing wrote:Hi where has people put there indicators if they have high level cans fitted? i don't have or want an under tray so whats the options pls.
This is what I id with mine, I fixed them to the lower part of the original plastic undertray that drops down to hold the nbr plate :thumbup:

Like what you do
Do what you like
He who wonders isn't always lost
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

cheekykev wrote:
bigtwinthing wrote:Hi where has people put there indicators if they have high level cans fitted? i don't have or want an under tray so whats the options pls.
This is what I id with mine, I fixed them to the lower part of the original plastic undertray that drops down to hold the nbr plate :thumbup:

Mine was already cut off so haven't got that option!!!,
cheekykev

Post by cheekykev »

bigtwinthing wrote:
Ok, can you not get someone to fabricate a piece of aluminium to fix to what you've got left of your existing plastic and drop down to incorporate the nbr plate and indicators, if you don't know anyone and you're struggling, I'll make you one and send it down to you for the price of the postage :thumbup:
just PM me a message and the dimensions, or send a picture of what you've got left of the original plastics so I can work out where it's been cut off then I'll take the dimensions off mine :idea:
Like what you do
Do what you like
He who wonders isn't always lost
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

cheekykev wrote:
bigtwinthing wrote:
Ok, can you not get someone to fabricate a piece of aluminium to fix to what you've got left of your existing plastic and drop down to incorporate the nbr plate and indicators, if you don't know anyone and you're struggling, I'll make you one and send it down to you for the price of the postage :thumbup:
just PM me a message and the dimensions, or send a picture of what you've got left of the original plastics so I can work out where it's been cut off then I'll take the dimensions off mine :idea:
Thanks for that, today however I've made a bracket, drilled and bolted it to what was left and re-wired the original indicators. It looks ok but iam riding tomorrow, so needed something. I will post a pick tomorrow.