track riding on the storm video's

General Biker Banter
Jscobey

track riding on the storm video's

Post by Jscobey »

heres a video from a GoPro mounted rearward on my friend's 2013 R6. His bike is pretty raced out (marchesini wheels, engine upgrades, mapping upgrades, etc...) and at around the 2:15 mark it switches to the rear view camera and its just me behind him for the rest of the vid. this video is from Streets of Willow in Rosamond CA, a few weeks back. it is a track i had never been to and only my 3rd track day altogether. we were lapping between 1:31 and 1:34 which i was a bit suprised to find out since i was still getting use to the track and laying down the same pace as friends who have been there a number of time on more modern bikes. faster than a few of them. this is in A group. For reference when it looks like im far away from the camera im not all that far back, and when it looks like im pretty close to him, im VERY VERY close to him. there gets to be a bit of space between me and my buddy while i try to get around a gixxer and another R6 but once i do im able to make up the ground i lost when they held me up.

I love the VTR for its diversity and it never ceases to amaze me when it keeps up with whatever i dish out. the mods ive done have improved the bike for my type of riding 10 fold. its really in line with a modern 600cc I-4. i havnt even gotten close to the limits of what the bike can handle. never once has it had chatter, or felt sketchy, never slides the tires, nor fights my inputs. if i was only allowed to do 3 mods to the bike, it would be the USD forks, the swinger brace, and the lightened flywheel. those have totally transformed the bike. but every little bit has added up to a great package that fits me well. Plus i never get tired of seeing people realize they just got smoked by a 98 with carbies. :lol:

the second video is from earlier in the day when i had a minor low side. i got a bit over zealous on the 2nd turn of the first lap of the session. i didnt give my tires ample time to heat up and i washed the front. the only damages were a barley scraped frame slider and a few small scratches on my lower fairing. im glad i, and the bike came away uninjured but i did learn a valuable lesson.... tire warmers dont hear the tires to "ten tenths" riding pace temperature. they get you most of the way there but a few slower laps is needed to get the last, very very vital, bit of heat in order to push it. did give me a right scare though. i was able to continue riding and actually was turning faster laps post crash.

anyways enough banter... enjoy :Beer Popcorn:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrkBWXt5 ... 4upo55obBw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXNXn2O_ ... 4upo55obBw
Last edited by Jscobey on Thu May 08, 2014 9:21 am, edited 2 times in total.
High Hindles.SP1frontend.SP2&900rrwheel.Ohlins.SAbrace&spools.AllBalls.jetkit.JE 11.5:1 Pistns.Stg 1 Cams. HPowerstacks.HRCthrtl.SSlines.RadMC.WveRtr.LtWtFlywhl.LEDtail.mosfet.MCCT.DePair.Tailtidy.DM rrsets.Lower.Carbonadis.hugger.sliders.
Max

Re: track riding on the storm video's

Post by Max »

The picture quality on these cameras now is great, looking out of my window at the falling rain also make me jealous :D
Max

grumpyfrog

Post by grumpyfrog »

Your a lucky sod.
Don't hassle me
I'll get there at some time
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

Sweet,
Nice to see the old girl can still mix it with the newbies :thumbup:

Pete.l
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Ohh cold tyres !!!
Jamoi

Post by Jamoi »

Nice riding dude :thumbup: your lowside looked fairly gentle glad you could dust yourself off and carry on playing. Tough old girls these bikes eh!
Jamie :wave: