28th June - Mallory Park

Get on yer bike and lets rumble!!

Moderators: AMCQ46, geodude

Virt

28th June - Mallory Park

Post by Virt »

Any body up for a track day? Booking this one tomorrow, it's a Saturday so it's £115 from No Limits.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
Slowly approaching the more bikes than birthdays achievement
lloydie

Re: 28th June - Mallory Park

Post by lloydie »

No but I might come to take the piss :-)
Ckennedy

Post by Ckennedy »

Same here :thumbup: can't afford stuff like that at the mo :(

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

might be interested, will look at dates
AMcQ
Steve6088

Post by Steve6088 »

Virt wrote:Any body up for a track day? Booking this one tomorrow, it's a Saturday so it's £115 from No Limits.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
I'm up for it. Just a bit far to ride first thing Saturday. Have you got a patch of floor anywhere I could sleep on? :think:
Miztaziggy

Post by Miztaziggy »

I would be, but Mallory looks too simple and boring.

If you fancy doing Donington/Silverstone/Oulton/Cadwell then I would defo come.
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Miztaziggy wrote:I would be, but Mallory looks too simple and boring.

mallory is still fun, jusy easier to remember
AMcQ
Virt

Post by Virt »

Steve6088 wrote:
I'm up for it. Just a bit far to ride first thing Saturday. Have you got a patch of floor anywhere I could sleep on? :think:
Got a spare room and a bed that may be available that week, will have to check. But I'm not sure if the flat is long enough for you to lie down anywhere :/

Miztaziggy wrote:I would be, but Mallory looks too simple and boring.

Sorry Marquez :wink:

I'm personally waaay to scared for any of those tracks and this one seems to be a favourite among some friends :lol:
Miztaziggy

Post by Miztaziggy »

Virt wrote:
Sorry Marquez :wink:

I'm personally waaay to scared for any of those tracks and this one seems to be a favourite among some friends :lol:
Why are you scared of other tracks? :eh:

Granted a wet day at Donington with the patches of jet fuel on the track is scary, but in the dry they're just another track, only longer with more corners.

Which group are you booking into?
Virt

Post by Virt »

Novice group.

They're much more technical tracks than Mallory, which is relatively easy I've heard.. I'm not that great a rider, I want to have fun without thinking how wombles over I'm going to be if I crash the bike on one of the many opportunities the day will present to me :lol:

I was absolutely bricking myself at Rockingham last year for the same reason, although I didn't know the bike at all then either :p
Miztaziggy

Post by Miztaziggy »

Virt wrote:Novice group.

They're much more technical tracks than Mallory, which is relatively easy I've heard.. I'm not that great a rider, I want to have fun without thinking how fooked over I'm going to be if I crash the bike on one of the many opportunities the day will present to me :lol:

I was absolutely bricking myself at Rockingham last year for the same reason, although I didn't know the bike at all then either :p

I don't really get it. The really long fast right hander at Mallory isn't going to be soft and squishy if you crash, it's going to be a high side and broken collar bone. Also a shorter track means the bikes are closer together and packed in more tightly. It won't necessarily be your fault when you crash, I have seen a couple of crashes where someone has ploughed down the inside on a tight bend and low sided straight into the side of someone else.

It's the same on all tracks though, you only go as fast as you want to go, and you only risk it as far as you dare. Donington and Cadwell don't feel unsafe and neither have anything that's 'hard' to do without crashing. Most crashes I have seen have been on the tighter corners which are inevitably slower speed crashes.

But anyway, I will keep an eye on this. If the baby's born in the next 2 weeks and it's still Mallory, I will have a good think about bringing the bike on a trailer doing this, more than likely will do it if it's Donington or the others. If the baby's late, I can't do any track days anyway :sad2
Virt

Post by Virt »

Miztaziggy wrote: I don't really get it. The really long fast right hander at Mallory isn't going to be soft and squishy if you crash, it's going to be a high side and broken collar bone. Also a shorter track means the bikes are closer together and packed in more tightly. It won't necessarily be your fault when you crash, I have seen a couple of crashes where someone has ploughed down the inside on a tight bend and low sided straight into the side of someone else.

It's the same on all tracks though, you only go as fast as you want to go, and you only risk it as far as you dare. Donington and Cadwell don't feel unsafe and neither have anything that's 'hard' to do without crashing. Most crashes I have seen have been on the tighter corners which are inevitably slower speed crashes.

But anyway, I will keep an eye on this. If the baby's born in the next 2 weeks and it's still Mallory, I will have a good think about bringing the bike on a trailer doing this, more than likely will do it if it's Donington or the others. If the baby's late, I can't do any track days anyway :sad2

I'm not a particularly smart person and I'd feel more confident at Mallory :lol: It's just my take on it..

Anyway I won't be able to do the track day now. Was looking at helmets earlier, for next month, and I went ahead and bloody dropped mine! ( I told you I wasn't smart! )

I'll probably go along and watch it anyway as my friends are still going, so if anyone is going I'll see you there, and Steve you're welcome to stay at the flat the night before :thumbup:
Miztaziggy

Post by Miztaziggy »

With the baby being born a week early, and 3 weeks earlier than the booked induction date, I will be free to go on the 28th. Decided to give Mallory a go....so is anyone still going?
Virt

Post by Virt »

I'll be going to watch but that's the limit of my participation now
Steve6088

Post by Steve6088 »

Yes, I'm still interested in going. I'll probably take you up on the offer Virt, if you dont mind :D .

Just got back off holidays, so will check my monies tomorrow and book if there are enough.