Power loss

General Bike chat
seb421

Power loss

Post by seb421 »

Just wondering how much power you loose with altitude

Saturday blasted it up cliff gate road (butter tubs pass) towards Hawes, start of the road is around 950 ft and climbs to near 1800ft in just over a mile

bike felt massively down on power gunning it up the road, i thought it was just mine but every one else commented on the same feeling when we stopped at Hawes before heading home

with it being fuel injected I wasn't expecting to feel anything like that on fuel injected bike, but wondered if it was because the corrections it might have made for the air coming in might have been off due to constantly climbing hard for over a mile
ヨシムラ

MOT - 10/04/2015
TAX - 30/11/14
INSURANCE - MCE - Expires 12/04/2015 (Midnight)
ACCIDENT CALL - 0871 2227910
RAC - 0800 1977830 - 03_MCECAB90013033
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Re: Power loss

Post by Pete.L »

Quite possibly,
mine has an altitude sensor but it only corrects the fuel mix when first switched on, so if it's correct at the bottom of the hill by the time you reach the top it will be well off until you shut off and start up again. I noticed some huge differences when over in Italy, the first time I just thought it was bad fuel because the problem disappeared when I refilled the tank. Then it re-occured again and just happened to cure itself after stopping for a photo stop at the top of a mountain that was when the penny finally dropped :D

Pete.l
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal