front forks

Show off your bike, modifications or projects and share them with the world.
minibreaker

front forks

Post by minibreaker »

is their any usd front forks that will fit in my yokes or is their another bike that is a straight swap. i love the usd forks they look awsome
Jscobey

Re: front forks

Post by Jscobey »

No because your yokes are only 41mm. Maybe 43. Either way most USD forks are between 50 and 54 mm in the yokes. You'd need the upper and lower yokes, the rotors, the wheel, the calipers, the axle, the clip ons, fender and probably new steering bearings depending on which USD forks you use. There is a good write up on fork swaps on the superhawk forum. The RC51 forks as well as the CBR forks are the most common. But people have used gixxer, R1, zx, and a few other forks from various sources.

Its a pricey endevour but you can usually sell your stock parts after and recoup a lot of the cost if not all of it. My suggestion is try to find a complete front end that comes with everything all from one source. That way you get all the little nuts, bolts, washer, etc.... Its also cheaper usually to get everything from one place.
High Hindles.SP1frontend.SP2&900rrwheel.Ohlins.SAbrace&spools.AllBalls.jetkit.JE 11.5:1 Pistns.Stg 1 Cams. HPowerstacks.HRCthrtl.SSlines.RadMC.WveRtr.LtWtFlywhl.LEDtail.mosfet.MCCT.DePair.Tailtidy.DM rrsets.Lower.Carbonadis.hugger.sliders.