Popkat at Brands Hatch...5/6 July.

Any racing related stuff
MacV2

Popkat at Brands Hatch...5/6 July.

Post by MacV2 »

Breaking news...da dad dar dar...ect

Just in via our Farcebook news link...

''Came off today, i'm ok but bikes a bit battered, should be ok for tomorrow though. my mistake it was raining but had stopped but paddock was wetter than the lap before as the rain had moved quickly across the track, front end tuvked and i went for a roller coaster ride, lol''

Mr Sampson was last reported kicking the the bike straight & then kicking himself...7 second lead thrown into the kitty litter at Paddock Hill...

Opps & DOH !

No injuries reported except for a ikkle bruise on the leg & damaged pride.

Right I'm off to fire up the Storm & head for Brands, he better have it fixed... :lol: :lol:
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
Jamoi

Re: Popkat at Brands Hatch...5/6 July.

Post by Jamoi »

Morning lads! Magnum & I are just finishing brekkie in Southampton then heading up to Brands, I'll yas a call when we get there El Presidente
Jamie :wave:
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Cheers for the update Mac, glad it wasn't any worse,

Chris.
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Well that was interesting.

Bit damp on the way up got to the meeting point well on time.

Bazza arrived & once the man hugs were out of the way the talking baldrocks started, he's admitted to wanting to buy a BMW... 8O Only for the longer journeys & will be keeping the Storm so that's OK.

Next to arrive was Pete all the way from Bristol !

Some time later Duffy arrived...I wouldn't mind but he only lives 15mins down the road...but then his is blue... :wink:
Shortly followed by his mate in a cage... 8O His other bike is a Honda so we can let him off.

Anyways we head off to Brands dive into the paddock, find Malc (Popkat)

Not a happy camper... :(

Some gravel from Paddock Hill Bend, Brands Hatch. The scene of many a famous crash...The gravel refused to make any comment...

In the off yesterday he tore off the ignition on the right hand end of the crank amongst other things. Repairs had been effected to get the bike up & running & he got out for a race later on that day. However the rota shaft had been bent in the off & the vibes loosened the nut holding it on, in wobbling about it ate the the contacts & the bike stopped 2 1/2 laps in...

Further repairs were carried out & bike up & running. When we arrived Malc was...lets say a bit pissed off TBH ! Although the bike was running it was making some strange noises & understandably he was far from happy...Anyway cut a long story short following much scratching of far more knowledgeable heads than mine...(my input was to get the coffees in... :lol: ) with the aid of a large hammer & a b8stard file...succses ! Woohoo !

Around about now Jamie & Magnum arrived from their expedition to the New Forest.

Malc got out in an all comers race & we hiked up to druids to watch the action.

Thinking of Wicky we got a pic with a bin in it...

Starting from the back of the grid crossed the line in 10th !

A much happier Malc carried on racing in the PM. In two more races both starting from the back of the grid he scored an 6th place & in the final race, red flagged due to an off at Padock Hill bend crossed the line 2nd but counted back to 3rd... :clap: :clap: :clap:

Last race end of the first lap, Malc into Druids in 5th place...From the back of the grid ! (Don't mention the dragging clutch... :wink: )
Jamoi

Post by Jamoi »

Hahaha that photo! :lol:

The last race was something else Popkat, totally incredible display of "how to completely pummel an entire grid". Just incredible :clap:

Man fixes motorcycle... man rides motorcycle... Image

You don't see Lorenzo doing that!
Jamie :wave:
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

I am sorry i missed that, Hospital run for the Mum in Law today at short notice. Hopefully be at another if its local (ish) Well done to all that helped and the pilot obviously.
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

gutted I couldn't be there, looks like it was an interesting day, did duffy turn up in his mobile hair dressing salon again.... :eek2
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Yes same here, apologies for not being able to get there.

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

agentpineapple wrote:gutted I couldn't be there, looks like it was an interesting day, did duffy turn up in his mobile hair dressing salon again.... :eek2
No the blue Storm that's why he was last to arrive... :lol:
popkat

Post by popkat »

Not much I can add to all that, but i'll try.
I came off on Saturday with a fair lead, unfortunately it had started raining a bit and I misjudged the conditions at paddock, the rain passed over very quick and by the time I got there it had stopped but the track was a bit more damp, I went in exactly as the lap before but lost the front end.

Very frustrating Sunday morning, but with help and careful thinking it was fixed at lunchtime.

Thanks to all that came along, it really helped either with technical input or moral support, I think I would have just given up and gone home if you hadn't all turned up :thumbup: :beer:

btw, the superbike and production races I got out in weren't wins on track (close in proddie though) but they were class wins :wink: :D
Although I dropped a potential 75 points over the weekend I still lead both championships.
http://www.bidefordmotorcycles.co.uk
2014 CRMC Post classic Superbike champion.
2014 CRMC Post classic senior production champion. On a Suzuki Katana 1100
My bikes, Firestorm, Suzuki GSX-s1000 Katana, VFR800Fi. Projects, 1986 popup Katana, 3 XJ600’s
bazza696

Post by bazza696 »

popkat wrote:Not much I can add to all that, but i'll try.
I came off on Saturday with a fair lead, unfortunately it had started raining a bit and I misjudged the conditions at paddock, the rain passed over very quick and by the time I got there it had stopped but the track was a bit more damp, I went in exactly as the lap before but lost the front end.

Very frustrating Sunday morning, but with help and careful thinking it was fixed at lunchtime.

Thanks to all that came along, it really helped either with technical input or moral support, I think I would have just given up and gone home if you hadn't all turned up :thumbup: :beer:

btw, the superbike and production races I got out in weren't wins on track (close in proddie though) but they were class wins :wink: :D
Although I dropped a potential 75 points over the weekend I still lead both championships.
Cheers for a good day, so you got away with the jump start then :)
popkat

Post by popkat »

bazza696 wrote:Cheers for a good day, so you got away with the jump start then :)

Shhhhhh :lol:

I don't think they saw me as I was so far back on the grid, I couldn't hold it any longer on the clutch, I shut off and didn't gain anything anyway :wink:
http://www.bidefordmotorcycles.co.uk
2014 CRMC Post classic Superbike champion.
2014 CRMC Post classic senior production champion. On a Suzuki Katana 1100
My bikes, Firestorm, Suzuki GSX-s1000 Katana, VFR800Fi. Projects, 1986 popup Katana, 3 XJ600’s
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

popkat wrote: btw, the superbike and production races I got out in weren't wins on track (close in proddie though) but they were class wins :wink: :D
Well that's a result then, well done :clap: :clap:

Thanks for the photo's guy's and update :thumbup:

Chris.
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

MacV2 wrote:

)

good to see the VTR forum care in the community scheme is still working........... where is the carer? :lol:
AMcQ
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

AMCQ46 wrote:
MacV2 wrote:

)

good to see the VTR forum care in the community scheme is still working........... where is the carer? :lol:
I was taking the picture...

Someone had to keep them all under control.

It was hard work TBH...Still the windows of the Hailwood Bar got a good licking... :lol: