Martins bench Rhayader

General Biker Banter
cheekykev

Martins bench Rhayader

Post by cheekykev »

Hi everyone, just though I'd let you all know, I went for a ride around Wales yesterday with 2 guys off the North West Bikers forum, as part of the ride I took them to the camp site to see Martins bench.
You'll be glad to know that the owner has put it in a prime position right in the middle of the field where we normally pitch, there was a couple with a couple of young kids camping right next to it and they were using it quite normally for their drinks towels etc :D which just goes to show that we made the right decision to have a picnic bench to be used :thumbup: rather than a morbid park bench that people would be reluctant to use :thumbdown:
So with this I would just like to say firstly it looks like we made the right decision :clap: secondly thanks again to everyone that made the effort to contribute :thumbup:

Oh and by the way if anyone hasn't yet seen the post for this years meeting at Rhayader, here's the link to the post :thumbup:

http://www.vtr1000.org/phpBB3/viewtopic ... 14&t=33662
Like what you do
Do what you like
He who wonders isn't always lost
agentpineapple

Re: Martins bench Rhayader

Post by agentpineapple »

thanks for the update kev, I've been thinking about benny this week, as it's nearly a year since he passed, I hope to go see his bench for the first time in two weeks time, I wanna share a pint with him.... :beer:
i'm really proud of the forum and what we did in benny's memory..... :thumbup:
Last edited by agentpineapple on Sun Jul 06, 2014 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Nice one Kev, I was in Rahader last weekend, never thought to drop in at the site and pay my respects :(
AMcQ
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Cheers for the update Kev, good to know the bench is being used as we hoped,

Chris.
cheekykev

Post by cheekykev »

AMCQ46 wrote:Nice one Kev, I was in Rahader last weekend, never thought to drop in at the site and pay my respects :(
Yeah only noticed your post the other day, wish I'd have seen it earlier, I would have come down and met up with you :thumbup:
Like what you do
Do what you like
He who wonders isn't always lost
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

I want to get over there this year some time as I meant too already :-(
Thanks for the up date Kev :thumbup:
Anotherbikerbabe

Post by Anotherbikerbabe »

Hiya guys, if anyone is visiting this coming sat,welcome to join us in our a ride out and come along here ( 50 miles max from camp site) for a BBQ, drop me a pm if you want to tag along, all welcome :-)
We have floor space if you wanna bring a sleeping bag etc. Around 10 of us gonna be here for yetis track day on sun morning. it's all on martys post re benny bench visit.
Silly boys...Women do have balls....We just wear them higher up!