Falco v Firestorm

General Bike chat
Roly

Falco v Firestorm

Post by Roly »

Ive just experienced a Falco streetfighter for a weekand didnt like it! Hence im after a firestorm.

Too top heavy and I would actually like a bike that starts when I WANT IT TO not when it suitsitself!

They do have a reputation for poor starting and there are various mods to help but when I go anywhere on my Fazer I know its going start everytime, so reconning a vtr will be better. Anyone else compared?
Mid cheshire

Too old really!
Roly

Re: Falco v Firestorm

Post by Roly »

There is a vtr in the for sale section in Coventry but he has not put a contact number and I cannot pm him as I havent posted enough! :confused
Mid cheshire

Too old really!
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Is that the matt black one? Owned by Virt? or the one being sold due to unemployment?
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
Virt

Post by Virt »

Is it the 2005 one?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
Slowly approaching the more bikes than birthdays achievement
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Roly wrote:There is a vtr in the for sale section in Coventry but he has not put a contact number and I cannot pm him as I havent posted enough! :confused
Is this the bike you are interested in:- http://www.vtr1000.org/phpBB3/viewtopic ... 38&t=34474

If it is this one I can ask him to message you with a contact number if you wish :?:

Chris.
Roly

Post by Roly »

Kev L wrote:Is that the matt black one? Owned by Virt? or the one being sold due to unemployment?
Unemployment
Mid cheshire

Too old really!
Roly

Post by Roly »

sirch345 wrote:
Roly wrote:There is a vtr in the for sale section in Coventry but he has not put a contact number and I cannot pm him as I havent posted enough! :confused
Is this the bike you are interested in:- http://www.vtr1000.org/phpBB3/viewtopic ... 38&t=34474

If it is this one I can ask him to message you with a contact number if you wish :?:

Chris.
That's the one! :thumbup:
Mid cheshire

Too old really!
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

If it is this one I can ask him to message you
I think you may find it's a her :think: Nat could be Natalie or is it Nathan :lol: For some reason I have it in my mind that rkbn is female.

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Roly wrote:
sirch345 wrote:

Chris.
That's the one! :thumbup:
I've sent the seller a message,

Chris.
Roly

Post by Roly »

Thanks! Couple come up on fleabay too. 1 in Marco Simoncelli livery..... just not sure that's "lucky"
Mid cheshire

Too old really!
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

You should have a PM from me now with contact details for rkbn,

Chris.
Roly

Post by Roly »

sirch345 wrote:

Chris.
Got your pm thanks, couldn't work out how to reply on my iPhone!
Mid cheshire

Too old really!
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Got your pm thanks, couldn't work out how to reply on my iPhone!
So long as you got it that's the main thing :thumbup:

Chris.
firestorm_al
Site Admin

Post by firestorm_al »

Like most bikes the Falco has a weakness with the charging circuit which can have an effect on the starting ability of the bike. I had one a few years ago and it was a fantastic bike.

Rose tinted glasses and all that I picked up another one a couple of months ago as a 2nd bike. That one has had a work around done to the wiring on the charging circuit so starts no problem but I am going to rewire it properly replacing the standard regulator rectifier with a higher spec unit and uprate the heavy duty starter cables.

Al.
twintin

Post by twintin »

I've just gone through the same. was looking for another storm on a very low budget of 1k but found an 01 falco with renthals and 12k miles for a lot less than than a storm and well under budget. Compared to my last storm the bike is in a different league, sad to say. It pulls like a train is cheap to run, the build quality dare i say is better than my old storm and i have had no problems with the starting as a i know a lot do although there is a wiring mod to cure it if it pops up. The fueling is great and is easy to chip for a bit more oomph. The side stand is a bag of s***e and i've swapped mine for a blackbird one which is miles better. Brembo brakes are superb, Rear shock is garbage and due to be replaced at some point. So far i prefer it to my old storm, i know thats not the right thing to say on here and i apologize but it's true (to this point). Only time will tell if that continues to be the case.
its not rust it's character