Tai Woffinden

Any racing related stuff
Watty

Tai Woffinden

Post by Watty »

Anyone follow speedway? Never been much interested myself but been watching a few rounds this year and OMG these lads are nutters :crazy: So glad to see a Brit up there near the top. Big up Tai Woffinden :clap:
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!
countrymick

Re: Tai Woffinden

Post by countrymick »

yes you have to be a tough nut for that.we have local track for Newcastle dimonds.i think the greyhounds use the same track .lol.but when you get to top level its a brawl.check out ice speedway if you want serious balls :roll: :beer:
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Watching it now. How did Tai damage his wrist? They have made it more telly friendly lately, never watched it much before but enjoyed a few rounds this year. :thumbup:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
Watty

Post by Watty »

countrymick wrote:yes you have to be a tough nut for that.we have local track for Newcastle dimonds.i think the greyhounds use the same track .lol.but when you get to top level its a brawl.check out ice speedway if you want serious balls :roll: :beer:
Bit embarrassing having a track so local and I've never been :oops: . Long time since I saw any ice speedway, mental :crazy:
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!
Watty

Post by Watty »

Kev L wrote:Watching it now. How did Tai damage his wrist? They have made it more telly friendly lately, never watched it much before but enjoyed a few rounds this year. :thumbup:
Watching it also mate! He broke it in a crash at eastbourne :(
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

I go to cov speedway a few times a year and it's good watching the guys go round and round !!!
chaz

Post by chaz »

been going to speedway since the late sixties , seen a few good races and tracks here and overseas. can remember Tai's dad Rob (RIP) racing for Scunthorpe. we went to see dirt track in Daytona a few years ago while there for speed week, got a surprise when the Harley boys who do the dirt racing on singles went out in the break with Barry 'Briggo' Briggs , they were stunned when he left them standing in his wake on an old Jawa flying round the track sideways , as their style was normal riding style . bearing in mind I saw him racing at Swindon up to his retirement 30plus years before.
alternatively 'ice' speedway at Telford was boring compared to seeing the real thing at Assen, full bore 100 spikes in each wheel those guys are MAD :crazy: Gothenburg had a track around the football pitch and was an amazing sight in an amazing stadium but a pain to get to with the boat trip from Fredrickshaven in Denmark when the meeting is delayed and the captain of the ship wants to leave!!

seems a lot more tamer now as not as much smell or shale flying, and you cant really get close to the riders like we used to