YES
35%
NO
65%

Total votes: 31

tony.mon

Re: Scotland Yes or No?

Post by tony.mon »

Well, the rest of the empire is gone ( and gone to the dogs for the most part) so I don't suppose it would be surprising to see a yes vote prevailing.
Queen Victoria must be revolting in her gravy.

The only area that we put any real effort to hang on to was Northern Ireland....

But of course Cornwall will be next, then it's going to be very hard to resist any more fragmentation.
Mac for El Presidente of Kent seems more an more likely, although he might have to fight for the local Laird of Sheppey slot first.....

As long as the currency is something interesting, like McBitCoins, or similar, I don't mind changing the money at Gretna, as long as they don't all start talking Gorbals as soon as you walk in a pub or shop the way that some parts of Wales do......

The handing over ceremony might be fun to watch, though.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
Jazzscot

Post by Jazzscot »

From what the polls are saying up here its going to be a close run thing. In fact pretty much along the lines of our poll here.

Too close to call.
Everything good is bad
Everything bad is good
StormingHonda

Post by StormingHonda »

I voted no.

I can see why the Scots would want independence, it is tempting, having their own country. However we forget why we forged an alliance in the first place, hundreds of years of fighting and bickering over pride, bullsh*t and land, then we came together as a nation fought together, defeated tyranny and made an empire together we as the British nation may have our difference, but together we have achieved so much to be proud of, this includes the Welsh and northern island, we have an identity in the world that is both admired and hated, but it is our identity.

The world is becoming smaller and we as a nation need to stand together more than ever to keep our place at the various tables of power, O.K the political parties leave a lot to be desired, but so will Scotlands native parties as time moves on.

I really hate how this debate has turned bitter and nasty in the real world, because it isn't helping the people of Scotland decide on facts, but on whats in their hearts.

I think Britain and Scotland will both suffer in the event of a split, and a divorce is going to be very, VERY painful.
countrymick

Post by countrymick »

you hit that perfect mate :crazy:
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

yup, Storming, you summed up my view :thumbup: ........... well except my frustration as a Scottish exile living in England who cant vote on the subject
AMcQ
Jazzscot

Post by Jazzscot »

AMCQ46 wrote:yup, Storming, you summed up my view :thumbup: ........... well except my frustration as a Scottish exile living in England who cant vote on the subject
Thats cause you decided to leave all the braw roads to us that have decided to stay :wink:

Im getting nervous for Thursday now.

Both sides starting to throw crap around at each other.
Everything good is bad
Everything bad is good
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Can you still not vote al as you still have a house up north ?
countrymick

Post by countrymick »

they must have taken his passport away :wtf: :D
kenmoore

Post by kenmoore »

I am here in Australia however my Dad was born and raised in Govern.

Still have lots of rels there and have visited many times.

Sadly my dad passed away 10 years ago next April but I still feel an affinity to Scotland.

I think that people are thinking with their hearts and not their heads if they vote yes.

I believe that the problems would be almost insurmountable and are based on population and the problems associated with self governance in the world that we live in would be insurmountable.

Costs per head of population would be exorbitant and quality of life would suffer.

I know I don't live there and probably don't have the right to comment, however I have followed this and just think that it is fanciful to think that Scotland could exist in its cue end format if it was to separate.

Sorry if I have offended anyone but it's my point of view from very far away.

Time heals a lot of wounds and with all the sh1t that goes on in the world today I just don't think that the Scots deserve anymore drama than they have already had.
South Coast
New South Wales
Australia
Z28DUNC

Post by Z28DUNC »

I've voted no on here. I haven't lived in Scotland for 12 years now but my dad and brother are still up there. We are all English born but I was brought up in Scotland (2 years old till 18).

The yes vote does seem to try and tug on the heart strings of the Scots. Vote yes and be independent and vote in your own goverment. I get it, sounds great. However the truth is they will be just as corrupt and backstabbing as the current bunch of gimps in Westminster.

Alex Salmond is heading all this. To me it sounds like a load of hollow promises and what ifs. Scotland would lose a lot more than it would gain from independence, in my opinion.

Oh and did you hear who Alex Salmond compared himself to in a interview, William Wallace. FFS :whatever

Financially the rich would get richer and the poorer would suffer. In order to keep the cities looking tidy and up to date I can imagine rural councils budgets would shrink and services would get cut.

But I think that some Scots will vote yes despite all the fors and againsts because they hate the English, plain and simple :Ball Kick:
This mentality is instilled in certain people and there will be no swaying there yes vote!
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

lloydie wrote:Can you still not vote al as you still have a house up north ?
No cause you can only be registered as a voter at your main address. :(
AMcQ
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

from the point of view of someone from northern ireland id vote no. we prob have more ties with scotland than any other part of britain.
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
bazzashadow

Post by bazzashadow »

no they should not
we should start standing proud that WE are great Britain
this is just like all the other country's around the world
splitting up, then fighting
they already look independent
with free this and that. that we pay for
now come to think of it
yes go on your own but don`t expect any of our money
but we all know we will still pay
and what makes me really angry is the Scots hate us
but us English don`t mind any one Scot, welsh or Irish
Steve97

Post by Steve97 »

Let them have it, if its what the people want thenwhy not its their country, erm, will you be having royalty jazzy ?
Miztaziggy

Post by Miztaziggy »

bazzashadow wrote:the Scots hate us
but us English don`t mind any one Scot, welsh or Irish
Always happens when there's an inferiority complex or little man syndrome.

Btw that's by no means saying all scots are like that, the vast majority are spot on, but the minorities always make the most noise.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2