Box Hill, Sunday's during the winter

Get on yer bike and lets rumble!!

Moderators: AMCQ46, geodude

stewartM

Box Hill, Sunday's during the winter

Post by stewartM »

Greetings, :D

Just aquired a beutiful yellow 97 Firestorm, microns, seat cowl, belly pan swweeeeettt!!!

It is my foolish intention to bimble out to Box Hill on Sunday mornings (as long as it's not pi***......ng down) anyone out there interested in meeting up, maybe a rideout, would be good to meet some fellow owners

Stewart

(Slough - please don't mock, it takes a lot to admit I live near Slough)

:twisted:
Craig

Post by Craig »

I'll probably pop up a few sundays when I actually find a storm for sale :lol: :roll:
2001 Wr400 Supermoto | www.r6-yzf.co.uk
tony.wilde1

meet

Post by tony.wilde1 »

welcome mate..i always go to boxhill regular..if the weathers dodgy ill be on a xl600r..can arrange a meet no probs ok? :wink:
stewartM

Sunday meet

Post by stewartM »

Yeah, that would be good,

I'll probably try and get there this Sunday coming, (19th) if it's reasonably dry, i'll probably aim to get there around 10:30

Stewart
stewartM

meet

Post by stewartM »

Craig,

last time I looked on George White Motorcycles web site, they've got three Firestorms for sale

Maybe worth a look, I've bought from them before and they're pretty good, including aftersales etc.

I also hear on the grapevine that they're desperate to shift the bikes in their showrooms, so big discounts are to be had (no i don't work for them, but probably should!!)

Stewart
Craig

Post by Craig »

What's their URL mate?

I'm pretty set that I won't buy from a dealer, or buy an expensive bike, I've seen real bargains on ebay etc and will wait if need be as I don't want to go spending too much money on a bike like I did with my previous 2 bikes as I regret it... but if they are /really/ cheap I may be interested ...

For now I'm keeping my eyes on ebay :lol: There is a nice bike on there, but it's up near liverpool and would require £160 spending instantly on new tyres as it's currently fitted with red tyres :eek2 :whatever

This one: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... eName=WDVW

That's exactly what I'm after, red, that exact belly pan, dark tint screen etc... but it's too far away (I'm in Portsmouth) and would need new tyres etc :(

I'm hoping to find something for around £2000 I've seen cheaper bikes on ebay so don't think it's too hard to find a 98/99 bike for that kinda money :)
stewartM

George White Motors

Post by stewartM »

Craig

URL http://www.georgewhite.co.uk

Worth having a look, depends on your budget I guess

Stewart
Craig

Re: George White Motors

Post by Craig »

stewartM wrote:Craig

URL http://www.georgewhite.co.uk

Worth having a look, depends on your budget I guess

Stewart
They've got loads of them! All way way too expensive though! Thanks for the link though! :)
mcgoo1

Box Hill this Sunday (20th March 2005)

Post by mcgoo1 »

:twisted: Right, here we go again, anyone around this Sunday for a meet at Box Hill, weather man has bluffed me into thinking it may be ok (for the UK that is) and my Firestorm has started to whisper to me when I go to my garage (it wants a run out !!) so around 11am i'll be there bright yellow R reg storm

Stewart

Pic of my bike in Gallery
tony.wilde1

pioneer run

Post by tony.wilde1 »

sunday mate...come down to brighton ...pioneer run is on ..good day out on vtr for sure....loads of bikes there on sea front...and the old ones too....i live in crawley could arrange a meet then go down if you want...cheers.
Zac

Post by Zac »

:twisted: Hiya stewart
Might possible do a run down to box hill on this coming sunday 20/03/05 i to also have a bright yellow firestorm and live near Camberley. You don't travel through the Pirbright Ranges do you???
Might see you down there .

cheers

Zac :twisted: :twisted:
mcgoo1

this coming Sunday

Post by mcgoo1 »

:D

Tony, Zac, (and anyone else interested) how about a meet at Box Hill and then a run to Brighton? Don't worry if Box Hill is in the wrong direction for you, we could meet up further down the road on the way?

I'm determined to do more meets, more runs and more race meets this year, been off the road for 18 months after a big "off" (left me a bit second-hand).

Stewart
tony.wilde1

boxhill

Post by tony.wilde1 »

yes mate///sounds good to me..boxhill at 11am?then ride down to coast.perfect...hopefully the weather will be fine!! :D
Trojan

Post by Trojan »

That is odd cos I was there to meet a mate on Sunday, it was a last minute thing. Arrived about 11.15. Noticed a couple of firestroms there. One Yella with CF micros and R plate, but didn't go up and chat! Left with other chap down A24, A29 to White Hill for first stop. Even more VTRs!! Place was chocca. Then A27 to Brighton for fish and chips by the sea front, thousands of people and beautiful sunshine 8) Top day!
mcgoo1

Box Hill

Post by mcgoo1 »

Trojan,

The guy with the yellow FS, carbon cans on an R Plate WAS ME!!!!!!!!!!

I've taken the cans off now they were toooooo loud, kept getting pulled by plod,

Give me a shout when you're next around, i try to get to Box Hill as often as i can, not this Sunday though, doing BSB at Brands on Monday, oooooh can't wait!!!!!

Stewart