motostore-direct

Best deals in town
agentpineapple

motostore-direct

Post by agentpineapple »

i'd like to sing the praises of motorstore-direct.
I purchased a set of front brake disc bolts from them, and promptly snapped one by over tightening it, I asked them if I could order a single bolt, the reply was, one will be sent out to you free of charge......... :thumbup:
24hrs later it arrives, fantastic customer service I highly recommend them.
http://stores.ebay.co.uk/motostoredirect/
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Ckennedy

Re: motostore-direct

Post by Ckennedy »

How tight were your going Marty? If one snapped before pulling the threads in the front wheel I'd be a bit worried about using any of them personally. The forces a front wheel goes through. I could be wrong and your just an animal and they will be perfectly fine. I don't know loads about ti apart from it goes a nice colour when it's been warm :lol:
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

it was my fault chris, I was using a 1/2 ratchet with an allen key attachment, I probably way over tightened it, when I checked, Honda recommend 20nm, my problem is my torque wrench starts at 30nm.....doh!!!!
hence I will be getting a wrench that starts at 10 and goes to 80, that way most of the bolts can be done using it, just leaving the bigger bolts for my larger torque wrench.... :thumbup:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
bazzashadow

Post by bazzashadow »

Ckennedy wrote:How tight were your going Marty? If one snapped before pulling the threads in the front wheel I'd be a bit worried about using any of them personally. The forces a front wheel goes through. I could be wrong and your just an animal and they will be perfectly fine. I don't know loads about ti apart from it goes a nice colour when it's been warm :lol:
+1
at 30nm it should not snap
i did this with an allen socket on my boys clutch bolt
set the right torque, but it did not click just snapped the bolt
and i did strip the threads in my forks where the caliper bolts on because i didn`t have the right torque wrench
so i had to heli coil it
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

the bolt that snapped on me had a 20nm setting, but I didn't use a torque wrench, I just used a 1/2 ratchet.....doh!!!!!
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
chric

Post by chric »

Why dont you just leave the important stuff to carl and you stick to makeing tea :lol:
Ill never be a sell out storm forever
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Funny old material TI. I may be wrong but I think It's very strong but it can also be brittle under certain conditions, so maybe those sort of torsional stress are enough to make it snap. :think:

Chris I have been known to snap bolts myself when being a bit heavy handed.

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

brittle under certain condition, is one of those condition a big fat oaf using 1/2 ratchet..... :oops:
and yes, last time I let carl anywhere near front disc bolts, he snapped two of em!!!!!!!!
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

In my defence IIRC they where ally pro bolts or something though. :lol: A smaller scale torque wrench is a great addition to the kit for things like this, and don't forget the threadlock. It don't take much to go a little too far and have them snap, it's as easy as snapping one of the cam cover bolts.

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
they were original Honda bolts, you was having a bad day, but in your defence you did manage to remove both broken bolts.... :thumbup:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Ckennedy

Post by Ckennedy »

Didn't realise they were so low torque settings for them. Means mine are to right but there not stripped or snapped so I'm happy :lol: best bolt I've broke was a 22mm bolt :shock: that took some doing :lol: and it was an accident :roll: