Op Devonstorm 2015 July 17/18/19 & 20th if you want UPDATED

Get on yer bike and lets rumble!!

Moderators: AMCQ46, geodude

tony.mon

Re: Op Devonstorm 2015 July 17/18/19 & 20th if you want UPDA

Post by tony.mon »

Looks like we all got away with it one more time, no thanks to the mid-lane gravel though!

Once I'd got my carbs reset for the second time Friday morning, we got stopped by the Man:
To be honest it wasn't much of a race; those traffic fourby's aren't that good at accelerating....

Once we'd got there, Friday night was a dream of ice cream for Marty, with a hint of what was to follow:

Marty got the biggest ice cream they had to offer- it came with two spoons; and despite a manful effort he couldn't finish it!

A quick photo to show that it wasn't only my bike that needed a spanner laying on it:

Mac disappeared as we got back towards Clacket lane on the way back, turns out he had to pull over to be sick in his helmet. So I slowed down, hoping he'd reappear, then very nearly ran out of fuel on the services slip road- made it up the ramp and onto the forecourt on the front pot only.
No low fuel light; maybe I didn't reconnect it at the Gordano school of engineering excellence and battery swapping.

Good one, Malc, well done for organising, and making it look effortless.
Lastly, thank you all for your assistance and forbearance trying to get my bike running again at Gordano services. Especially Marty for the loan of his battery after I'd flattened mine! Turns out that it isn't easy bump starting a Storm with high comp pistons...
Cheers, all!
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

AMCQ46 wrote:Love the tinfoil hats :D :lol:

And mac and grumpy in a romantic interlude
He was feeling dejected, apparently you had sperned his advances, he had to sleep alone whilst you were spooning someone else...Tony I belelive...?
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

MacV2 wrote:
AMCQ46 wrote:Love the tinfoil hats :D :lol:

And mac and grumpy in a romantic interlude
He was feeling dejected, apparently you had sperned his advances, he had to sleep alone whilst you were spooning someone else...Tony I belelive...?
It wasn't exactly spooning, or sperning either and as requested I left the money in a plain brown envelope on the mantelpiece.

And the general consensus is that it's wiser not to believe me.
That sort of foolishness leads to folk thinking that they can see France from the window of their holiday abode in Devon......when of course it was Northern Ireland.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Well that was fun...

A huge thank you to Malc O'Bobkat for suggesting it in the first place, arranging it, planning it, providing tea,coffee,sugar, milk & bog rolls for each chalet, route planning leading the rides (not that I saw much of him...) suggesting the Golf.

A special word of thanks to Mrs Popkat for cooking the chilli to fule up the hungry hords on arival...( although any one in the vicinity of Mark Shilling & his tuba butt may not share that note of thanks...)

Great roads, great fun, great company.

I got home at 15.00 unloaded & promply crashed out I was foooked !

I did have a bit of an emergancy on the way home, pit stop on the M25 hard shoulder, wicked heartburn & acid reflux didnt quite stop quick enough... :sick: but when I did it's the quickest I've ever removed me gloves & helmet...Not quick enough though...Vomit comes out through air vents I'll have you know...

Cheers Malc, Cheers fellow Stormers & the Granada Owners club...Sides are still aching from laughing so much...

Extreme Ironing. Operation DevonStorm inaugral Golf Championship, Mrs Shreck, Martys twin, Tonys breakdowns, Lloydies back, Shillings, Sinsburys car park lady scaring, GCHQ Tin foil hats...Just a few of the things that had us all in stiches over the weekend...
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Thanks for posting all the photo's guy's :D
It sounds like you had a great time. Well done Malc for organising it all :clap:

Chris/.
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

My pics will follow tomorrow I have to sort through 45 taken over the weekend quite a few are from stop offs so others have already posted similar...

Only I have the full horror of an almost naked Marty it's not pretty... no let me re-phrase that it fecking digusting... :sick:

You have been warned...
popkat

Post by popkat »

MacV2 wrote:
A special word of thanks to Mrs Popkat for cooking the chilli to fule up the hungry hords on arival...( although any one in the vicinity of Mark Shilling & his tuba butt may not share that note of thanks...)
Mrs P says your all very welcome, she's glad it all got eaten..

And it was me who got the full force of old Tuba butt :sick: I tried to give as good as I got but lost the battle :(

http://www.bidefordmotorcycles.co.uk
2014 CRMC Post classic Superbike champion.
2014 CRMC Post classic senior production champion. On a Suzuki Katana 1100
My bikes, Firestorm, Suzuki GSX-s1000 Katana, VFR800Fi. Projects, 1986 popup Katana, 3 XJ600’s
Watty

Post by Watty »

Now that looked fun :D Glad all went well with no offs :thumbup:
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Watty wrote:Now that looked fun :D Glad all went well with no offs :thumbup:
Yep no offs but there sure were some strange smells & some of them were a bit off !
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

I must have been really pissed as I didn't notice that mr potato head was with us all weekend. No wonder Bazza went missing! Has any one seen him or has he been taken hostage :D

AMcQ
popkat

Post by popkat »

AMCQ46 wrote:I must have been really pissed as I didn't notice that mr potato head was with us all weekend. No wonder Bazza went missing! Has any one seen him or has he been taken hostage :D

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

http://www.bidefordmotorcycles.co.uk
2014 CRMC Post classic Superbike champion.
2014 CRMC Post classic senior production champion. On a Suzuki Katana 1100
My bikes, Firestorm, Suzuki GSX-s1000 Katana, VFR800Fi. Projects, 1986 popup Katana, 3 XJ600’s
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Thanks for the pics guys. I really appreciate you showing me what I missed. :lol: :lol: I really must make more effort to make it next year. Tin foil hats look great by the way.

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

popkat wrote:
AMCQ46 wrote:I must have been really pissed as I didn't notice that mr potato head was with us all weekend. No wonder Bazza went missing! Has any one seen him or has he been taken hostage :D

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You see thats the sort of thing that has had me in stiches all weekend...now I have to clean me keyboard of the tea I've just spat out...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by MacV2 on Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ckennedy

Post by Ckennedy »

Here are the few pics I took. Never really take pics when out and about which I should do really. Never know when I'll lose my memory and need them to look back on....
ImageImageImageImageImage

Yes that is Tony cleaning his bike

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

is that lloydies come face?
AMcQ